Our fair leaders speech (atheists especially)

• News
  • Thread starter LogicalAtheist
  • Start date
In summary, American Atheists, Inc is the foremost power of atheism in the United States. They are an organization that speaks directly to the supreme court and other government groups, making them the highest power of atheism in the U.S. Their philosophy, materialism or naturalism, is the foundation of their beliefs and is based on scientific knowledge and social experience. The founder of American Atheists, Madalyn Murray O'Hair, gave an address in 1962 where she emphasized the need for an aggressive action program to spread their positive philosophy of materialism. Despite the title, all threads in the atheist-only topic are open to everyone.
LogicalAtheist
Hey atheists. If you are not aware, the foremost power of atheism in the United States is American Atheists, Inc at www.americanatheists.com[/url] or [url]www.atheists.org[/URL]

This is the group that speaks directly to the supreme court and other government groups. They are certainly the highest power of atheism in the U.S.

The following is the text of an address given by the founder of American Atheists at the Eighth Annual Convention of the American Rationalist Federation, on 25 August 1962, before the US Supreme Court had agreed to hear the case now known as Murray v Curlett. The speech was originally printed in The American Rationalist, Volume 17, Number 3, September/October 1962.

For you atheists, American Atheists and the American rationalist Federation are both orgs you should be aware of. As an atheist it's a good humanitarian gesture to unite! No cost, no downside, just make the groups known and share them with atheist friends!

BEGIN ADDRESS:

The indestructible foundation of the whole edifice of Atheism is its philosophy, materialism, or naturalism, as it is also known. That philosophy regards the world as it actually is, views it in the light of the data provided by progressive science and social experience. Atheistic materialism is the logical outcome of scientific knowledge gained over the centuries.

We make a fundamental error, I think, as we tilt at the windmills of imagined gods. We need to review from where we have come, under what conditions, and to see the threshold upon which we stand now.

*snip*

Ours is a time when successful struggle against this reactionary philosophy requires more than a petulant argument over the authorship of the Gospels, more than a negative attack on the totalitarian and monolithic authoritarianism of conventional religion, but rather an aggressive action program to spread the positive philosophy of materialism.

[b]*Edit* Read the rest at[PLAIN]http://www.atheists.org/Atheism/atheism.html [Broken][/b]

by Madalyn Murray O’Hair. Founder of American atheists, the oldest and most powerful atheist unity in America

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Originally posted by LogicalAtheist
Hey atheists. If you are not aware, the foremost power of atheism in the United States is American Atheists, Inc at www.americanatheists.com[/url] or [url]www.atheists.org[/URL]

[/B][/QUOTE]

It's obvious that the foremost power of atheism in America is American Atheists. Why do we have an atheist only topic? Are we starting some sort of PF Apartheid or what?

Originally posted by Astronomer107
It's obvious that the foremost power of atheism in America is American Atheists. Why do we have an atheist only topic? Are we starting some sort of PF Apartheid or what?

1. It's obvious? I really doubt that. I'd bet less than 10% of the atheists here even know what it is.

2. I meant to state that this was PARTICULARLY for atheists.

Just ignore that. Despite the title, all threads are open to everyone.

Originally posted by Zero
Just ignore that. Despite the title, all threads are open to everyone.

I SAID I DIDN'T MEAN IT. ZERO YOU MISPELLED ESPECIALLY!

CAN YOU CHANGE IT; IT MAKES ME LOOK BAD!

Originally posted by LogicalAtheist
IT MAKES ME LOOK BAD!

Don't worry, *edit*

Don't worry, *edit*

LOL, it was the honest truth Zero..you hafta admit.

Poo I agree with Kat I don't see why you edited it

This has gone way off-topic. LA, you should cut and paste the first post and try again.

1. What is the purpose of the fair leader's speech?

The purpose of the fair leader's speech is to address and inform the public about important issues and policies related to their leadership and governance.

2. Are atheists specifically targeted in the fair leader's speech?

No, the fair leader's speech is not specifically targeted towards any particular group. It is meant to address and inform all members of the public, regardless of their beliefs.

3. Can atheists hold positions of leadership in the government?

Yes, in most countries, atheists are allowed to hold positions of leadership in the government. The qualifications for these positions typically do not include religious beliefs.

4. How does the fair leader's speech address religious diversity?

The fair leader's speech may address religious diversity by promoting tolerance and acceptance of different beliefs, and emphasizing the importance of respecting the rights and freedoms of all individuals, regardless of their religion.

5. Is the fair leader's speech influenced by religious beliefs?

It depends on the individual fair leader. Some fair leaders may incorporate their personal religious beliefs into their speeches, while others may keep their personal beliefs separate from their role as a leader and focus on addressing issues that affect all members of the public.