Our great mentor Berkeman has changed his avatar

In summary: Then I realized you’re just a really cool guy.In summary, Mr. Mike Berke changed his avatar, and it seems he has changed his attitude as well. He is now a very calm and gentle person, and probably wouldn't like driving his bike at high speed.
Adesh
Hello everyone! I was surprised to find Mr. Mike Berke has changed his avatar. Earlier there used to be a very high CC motorbike in his avatar and that caused me to believe that our mod used to drive that bike (at high speed, like some racer) but now seeing his avatar I found he is a very calm and gentle and probably he wouldn’t like driving his bike at high speed (the way youngsters do ! :biggrin:) .

Good to see your photo sir !

Likes atyy and BillTre
Physics news on Phys.org
Noticed that some time back. Thought of commenting on @berkeman's profile but found that it doesn't support profile messages. Anyways, a refreshing new avatar.

Maybe I should think about changing my black hole avatar. :rolleyes:

Adesh said:
I found he is a very calm and gentle ...
Wrichik Basu said:
a refreshing new avatar.
Ah jeez guys, don't encourage him. You do that and he'll start hanging around. Then the next thing you know he'll be asking for food. Then it'll be the occasional "how 'bout a beer" and pretty soon he's sleeping with your wife.

You really have to watch out of these Army brat EE's.

Arf, arf !

• Haha
Likes davenn, BillTre, berkeman and 3 others
phinds said:
You really have to watch out of these Army brat EE's.
He was a Army man? Wow! Can you help me in getting his that motorbike? I think he no longer needs it (Well by help I meant robbery, I rob only those things which people don’t need).

Can we ever know how old our Berkeman is?

Adesh said:
He was a Army man? Wow! Can you help me in getting his that motorbike? I think he no longer needs it (Well by help I meant robbery, I rob only those things which people don’t need).
No, not an Army man, an Army brat. That means his dad was in the Army and he traveled around the country/world because of it. We're called "brats" because civilians think we're brats, but hey, civilians think ALL kids are brats.

Likes BillTre, berkeman and Adesh
Adesh said:
Can we ever know how old our Berkeman is?
Well, read the article about him linked to below this thread ("related threads").

EDIT: I forgot. Personal info (age, address, email, etc) is not to be posted on the open forum, so you can't just ask him, except in a PM. Besides, why does age matter?

Last edited:
Yes, I changed my avatar at least temporarily to a more medical theme. That's me a couple years ago at dawn before a half marathon that I worked as a bicycle medic. Those are pretty fun shifts. Well, until you get an emergency call for a patient who is a couple miles away and have to race there as fast as you can, and then have to get all calmed down and get it back together to be useful medically. Lordy. :wink:

Stay safe folks. :smile:

Last edited:
Likes kent davidge, Wrichik Basu, davenn and 2 others
phinds said:
EDIT: I forgot. Personal info (age, address, email, etc) is not to be posted on the open forum, so you can't just ask him, except in a PM. Besides, why does age matter?
I won’t talk about it anymore 😂. Oh my God! I wouldn’t use that three letters word again “unnecessarily” 😁

Wrichik Basu said:
my black hole avatar. :rolleyes:
I thought it was a chocolate glazed doughnut with sugar sprinkles.

• Haha
  • Wow
Likes Wrichik Basu and BillTre
Keith_McClary said:
I thought it was a chocolate glazed doughnut with sugar sprinkles.
Seems the COVID-19 outbreak has taken a toll on your health...and making you see food everywhere. o_O

• Haha
Likes BillTre
berkeman said:
Yes, I changed my avatar at least temporarily to a more medical theme. That's me a couple years ago at dawn before a half marathon that I worked as a bicycle medic. Those are pretty fun shifts. Well, until you get an emergency call for a patient who is a couple miles away and have to race there as fast as you can, and then have to get all calmed down and get it back together to be useful medically. Lordy. :wink:

Stay safe folks. :smile:
At first I thought you were calling yourself a bicycle-medic and thought, “That’s a fancy name for mechanic, I’ll bet!”

• Haha
Likes BillTre, Wrichik Basu and berkeman

1. What prompted our mentor Berkeman to change his avatar?

There could be a variety of reasons why someone might change their avatar, and the specific reason for Berkeman's change may vary. However, some possible reasons could include wanting a fresh representation of themselves, aligning with a new personal or professional brand, or simply feeling like it was time for a change.

2. Will our mentor Berkeman's change in avatar affect his mentorship style?

It is unlikely that a change in avatar would significantly impact Berkeman's mentorship style. While a person's outward appearance may change, their character and values typically remain consistent. Therefore, it is safe to assume that Berkeman's mentorship style will remain unchanged.

3. How will this change in avatar affect the mentor-mentee relationship?

The change in avatar should not have a significant impact on the mentor-mentee relationship. The relationship is built on trust, guidance, and mutual respect, and these factors are not affected by a change in appearance. As long as the mentor continues to provide valuable support and guidance, the relationship should remain strong.

4. Does this change in avatar signify a change in focus or direction for our mentor Berkeman?

It is possible that Berkeman's change in avatar could signify a change in focus or direction, but it is not necessarily a definitive indication. It is best to directly communicate with Berkeman about any potential changes in their mentorship approach or goals.

5. Will our mentor Berkeman's new avatar affect his credibility as a mentor?

No, changing an avatar should not impact one's credibility as a mentor. A person's qualifications, experience, and ability to provide valuable guidance are what determine their credibility, not their avatar. As long as Berkeman continues to fulfill the responsibilities of a mentor, their credibility should not be affected by a change in appearance.