Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Our President is delusional, does that bother anyone?

1. Oct 6, 2005 #1
    God told me to invade Iraq, Bush tells Palestinian ministers

Who will be the first one to ask me, "how do you know he doesn't talk to god?" So here are the possibilities, either Bush actually does have casual conversations with God, or he uses God as a political tactic, or he is delusional. I should have started a poll.

Oh, and i know this isn't the first report of god delegating to gw, but it inspires the same disappointment now as it did then.
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 6, 2005 #2
    Yes, your president is delusional, as is our Prime Minister.

Yeah, I'm sure God would tell Bush to go invade Iraq and kill thousands of innocents and children doing so!

How many people need to die for Bush to stop? His war on terror causes more terror!
  4. Oct 6, 2005 #3
    From the link:

Since this is corroborated by more than one person, I'll assume it is true that Bush said these things (or something close to it). That there is no reference to "fighting terrorists" in Iraq, but rather to "end tyranny" we can deduce that Bush is at least a lier--if not delusional. Bush did not give a s**t about a Palestinian state until Arafat died and there seemed to be a chance for democracy per the neocon agenda. I would say Bush was being an opportunist--if not delusional. If he truly wanted security for Israel and peace in the Middle East I find his war mongering threats to be an odd approach. His talks with God may be just to appeal to the Rapture people, which is almost more frightening to me. So either he is a lier, an opportunist, a war monger, and cult leader OR he is delusional.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2005
  5. Oct 6, 2005 #4

Science Advisor

Well, the first option we can surely rule out. The second is not likely unless he's a very good actor (anyway, what would he gain by appearing delusional?). Left is only the third alternative...
  6. Oct 6, 2005 #5
    Yeah, it bothers me.
  7. Oct 6, 2005 #6
    I am suddenly reminded of a scene from the movie Real Genius.
    Either that or, well.. David Koresh said he talked to god too. :uhh:
  8. Oct 6, 2005 #7

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

(edited for content :grumpy:)

I thought the general consensus was that there wasn't hope for any sort of stability in the region as long as Arafat was in power and Israel existed.
  9. Oct 6, 2005 #8
    :confused: Maybe in the states it is... was...
  10. Oct 6, 2005 #9
    "God told me to invade Iraq, Bush tells Palestinian ministers"

Actually it was Dick Cheney. :smile:
  11. Oct 6, 2005 #10

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

And dad... This was personal and Bush even admitted so when he said, ~"and, well, he [Saddam] did try to kill my dad".
  12. Oct 6, 2005 #11

Gold Member

Published on Tuesday, November 16, 2004 by the Seattle Post-Intelligencer
    by Helen Thomas:

True that Bush first publicly called for a Palestinian state in October 2001, however in addition to the quote above:
  13. Oct 7, 2005 #12

Gold Member

I'm going to have to vote for all of the above.

Not only am I bothered by it, but I am sick to my stomach, sick at heart and scared to death of what he might do next.
  14. Oct 7, 2005 #13
    With the neo-cons maybe, but not outside that small (and gettings smaller) sphere of influence
  15. Oct 7, 2005 #14

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oddly, I seem to recal having this impression (that people thought there was little hope for peace while Arafat was in power) long before I ever heard the word "neo-con".
  16. Oct 7, 2005 #15
    Must be the reason why they gave him the nobel peace price then, if 'general concensus' was he was holding up the peace progress in the ME??
  17. Oct 7, 2005 #16
    your all forgeting the fact that god would not ask bush to go kill thousands (possibly millions) of INNOCENT IRAQIS!

its a known fact that HOSPITALS and other civic buildings were deliberatley bombed! how is this "ending tyranny"???
  18. Oct 7, 2005 #17

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, even if he did in the past, there seems to be noise on the line now :biggrin:
  19. Oct 7, 2005 #18

Staff: Mentor

The Blues Brothers were on a mission from gahd too - as delusions go (if this even qualifies), its a lot thinner than the typical democratic delusions we've discussed before.

Regarding Arafat - it was the general consensus among conservatives, at the very least, that Arafat was an obstruction. The Nobel Peace Prize is a hippie(or the Sweedish equivalent) back-slapping convention with no real meaning, and Arafat and Carter made good bedfellows. Winning the prize has no real meaning, though.
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2005
  20. Oct 7, 2005 #19
    Yeah, the Nobel peace prize means nothing. So you're in the company of Mother Teresa, Martin Luther King and Amnesty International. So what? They were just a bunch of goddam hippies!
  21. Oct 7, 2005 #20
    Russ has spoken!

Mother Teresa, what a silly hippy...
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?