Our President

Tsu
Gold Member

Originally posted by Zero
Well, it looks like a list of all the investigative reporting done on Bush from the last 5 years or so.
Pretty much what I thought, too.

Zero

Originally posted by Tsunami
Pretty much what I thought, too.
And there are probably 1000 magazine articles, and a dozen books that outline these points. Funny, though, that the 'liberal media' didn't pick up on most of these, even though they are for the most part in the public record.

Tsu
Gold Member

And there are probably 1000 magazine articles, and a dozen books that outline these points. Funny, though, that the 'liberal media' didn't pick up on most of these, even though they are for the most part in the public record.
YEAH!! Why IS that? What a bunch of bull!

schwarzchildradius
It's fairly impressive, Kat. Bush sold his stock before his company went bankrupt-- the same activity that Martha Stuart is in the dock for.
In test polls, with the candidate's name ommitted and only qualifications included, Bush scores below average against Democrats and Republicans alike.
You don't need to go to the Dean website to find interesting facts about the President, the House of Representatives has a few things to say about him -- "caught on film"
ah, here it is:
http://www.house.gov/appropriations_democrats/caughtonfilm.htm [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Zero
See, in the case of Bush, it isn't about Dems or Repugs...it is about how a tiny ultraradical group of neocons have put their agenda ahead of teh needs of the American people, and put a lying, incompetent thug as figurehead.

russ_watters
Mentor
Originally posted by schwarzchildradius
You don't need to go to the Dean website to find interesting facts about the President, the House of Representatives has a few things to say about him -- "caught on film"
ah, here it is:
http://www.house.gov/appropriations_democrats/caughtonfilm.htm [Broken]
Interesting to see that Congressmen can post their own personal websites on the House domain.
No fact checking required, huh? The next obvious question would be: did you help with the "fact checking" on Ann Coulter's book??
Zero, lately you're a little too quick with the comebacks and you're sticking your foot in your mouth again. I'll let you think about the implications of that one before pointing out your misstep. Or if you wish, I can just let it go.

kat

Whatever, kat. I'm not sure what I did, you tell em and I'll fix it.

Would be nice if you took back some of those times you falsely called me antisemitic, but I don't believe in miracles.

I told you, you combined two seperate comments to two seperate quotes as though they were written together in regards to the baseball team.

as for calling you antisemitic, I'd take it back if I didn't believe it were true, and apologize profusely..but...

I'm glad that you have so many facts and opinions about GWB and his oil ventures, but that doesn't change a thing in regards to the statement and the truth of my comment on it.
To refresh your memory.
The email states "I bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas; the company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock."
This is incorrect, GWB succesfully drilled oil in about 50 percent of the drilling that he did in Texas. *BZZZT* The email is INCORRECT! comprende?

Zero
Like I said...it is an oversimplification.

Zero
Originally posted by russ_watters
Interesting to see that Congressmen can post their own personal websites on the House domain. Zero, lately you're a little too quick with the comebacks and you're sticking your foot in your mouth again. I'll let you think about the implications of that one before pointing out your misstep. Or if you wish, I can just let it go.
Nah, let it go...I've got guitars on the brain again. The initial fact-checking should have been done by the authors of that email...I think Michael Moore's factcheckers must have been on that one.

kat
Like I said...it is an oversimplification.

Yes, well, actually you said "Ok, ok...jeez, you could research this stuff yourself, you know, but ok." and I just wanted to be sure that it is clear that I had researched it.

Zero
Originally posted by kat
Yes, well, actually you said "Ok, ok...jeez, you could research this stuff yourself, you know, but ok." and I just wanted to be sure that it is clear that I had researched it.
Ok, kat...I apologize for any hint that you didn't chenck anything...

You can go back to supporting Israel now.

russ_watters
Mentor

Originally posted by kat
I told you, you combined two seperate comments to two seperate quotes as though they were written together in regards to the baseball team.
You may consider reporting that. Zero has put a lot of words in my mouth but as far as I know he's never re-arranged any of my quotes to say something I didn't say (though he has removed parts of my posts a few times). Thats way over the line and despicable conduct for anyone on a forum, much less a moderator.

There is an ethical standard that should be upheld here.

Tsu
Gold Member

Originally posted by kat
Why did you combine my statements on two different topics in the quote this reply was to? It makes it appear as though I said something in regards to that subject that I definately did not.

Sorry to butt in here, kat, but I just hate to see you two duking it out over a misunderstanding like this. I think Zero's error was a forum problem. When you hit the 'quote' key for your post, it runs those two staetements together as though they are one. The 'bold marks' sort of seperate them, but if you don't notice that right away (I didn't until I looked closely) it appears as though they go together.

Again, sorry to butt in... now kiss and make up. - only watch out for the bloody parts!! (Zero! You want I should send you some alcohol and band-aids?)

Last edited:
kat
Guys, It's okay...I didn't really think it was intentional to begin with, I like to "raz" zero a bit (he deserves it, honest):wink:

GENIERE
Hey guys – Have pity on Zero, he’s got 5+ yrs. Of GW to look forward to, followed by 8 yrs. of Condoleezza Rice.

Zero
Originally posted by GENIERE
Hey guys – Have pity on Zero, he’s got 5+ yrs. Of GW to look forward to, followed by 8 yrs. of Condoleezza Rice.
I sincerely hope you are joking...this must be the result of some serious right-wing proaganda, that even the most incompetent Republican is better than ANY Democrat...and the recall idiocy in California is proof of that.

Tsu
Gold Member
Originally posted by GENIERE
You need to take your anti-delusional meds. Right away.

Zero

Originally posted by russ_watters
You may consider reporting that. Zero has put a lot of words in my mouth but as far as I know he's never re-arranged any of my quotes to say something I didn't say (though he has removed parts of my posts a few times). Thats way over the line and despicable conduct for anyone on a forum, much less a moderator.

There is an ethical standard that should be upheld here.
You can't talk about ethical standards and support Bush at the same time...especially when you are still telling the same tired lies. Keep pushing me, Russ...

Zero
I think this whole nonsense actually proves a point...for some people, if a 'liberal' is accused of anything, he is guilty of that and much more with no proof. If some bloodthirsty slimeball claims the name 'Republican' he is a saint who can do no wrong, no matter how much evidence exists to the contrary.

And, on that note, I'll go ahead and close yet another thread where the topic was ignored for the sake a baseless attacks.