1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Our Undiscovered Universe?

1. Sep 22, 2008 #1
    So, I've been seeing ads for this book in PopSci, and checked out the website, but haven't heard a lot of discussions about it:

It claims to explain the following:

# Introduction to Null Physics - a logical grand unifying theory.
    # Null Cosmology - Our eternal universe is in perfect balance.
    # Cosmic Fusion Cycle - Maintains a perfect state of balance.
    # Intergalactic Red Shift - The big bang got it wrong.

Has anyone read this book? And what is the consensus? Is this good stuff? I'd like to buy it but it's $70, and I'd like to get an opinion on it first. Of course, not necessarily whether or not it's all true or not, but at least whether or not it is a sound theory that deserves it's merit.
    Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 22, 2008 #2

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

4. Sep 22, 2008 #3

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

It's very easy to write hogwash and it is almost as easy to have it published- especially if you are willing to pay to have it printed and then try to sell the book you self through ads.

5. Sep 22, 2008 #4

atyy

Science Advisor

I have no problems with crackpottery - but paying $70 for it stupider than stupid - think of how many of Big Macs you could buy! (Actually the 2 apple pies for $1 is my favourite deal.) :smile:

6. Sep 22, 2008 #5
    Maybe it was intended to be humourous as in satire or just taking the pi$$ out of physicists.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?