Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Our Undiscovered Universe?

1. Sep 22, 2008 #1
    So, I've been seeing ads for this book in PopSci, and checked out the website, but haven't heard a lot of discussions about it:

It claims to explain the following:

# Introduction to Null Physics - a logical grand unifying theory.
    # Null Cosmology - Our eternal universe is in perfect balance.
    # Cosmic Fusion Cycle - Maintains a perfect state of balance.
    # Intergalactic Red Shift - The big bang got it wrong.

Has anyone read this book? And what is the consensus? Is this good stuff? I'd like to buy it but it's $70, and I'd like to get an opinion on it first. Of course, not necessarily whether or not it's all true or not, but at least whether or not it is a sound theory that deserves it's merit.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 22, 2008 #2

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

4. Sep 22, 2008 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

It's very easy to write hogwash and it is almost as easy to have it published- especially if you are willing to pay to have it printed and then try to sell the book you self through ads.
  5. Sep 22, 2008 #4

Science Advisor

I have no problems with crackpottery - but paying $70 for it stupider than stupid - think of how many of Big Macs you could buy! (Actually the 2 apple pies for $1 is my favourite deal.) :smile:
  6. Sep 22, 2008 #5
    Maybe it was intended to be humourous as in satire or just taking the pi$$ out of physicists.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?