Laugh Out Loud at These Comments: Donald Duck Impersonator & More!

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary: That'll fix things up real good! Another male viewer said:I think people who get divorced should just get remarried. If they're unhappy with their first marriage, they should go for it. Who knows, maybe their second marriage will be better. And a woman commentedI think that people who get divorced should just get remarried. If they're unhappy with their first marriage, they should go for it. Who knows, maybe their second marriage will be better.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I was just hit by several comments that made me laugh.

First
A USA TODAY/Gallup Poll found 57% of adults say the stimulus package is having no impact on the economy or making it worse.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=8344083&page=1

However, as of late June, only $13 billion of $478 Billion had been spent.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31548130

Conclusion, why does anyone even have an opinion yet? :rofl:

Next, the News Hour, on PBS, was covering a story about Standish, Michigan, where Guantanamo detainees might be held. Here are one woman's comments.

JAN EX: I'm not in favor of it at all, not at all.

ELIZABETH BRACKETT: Why not?

JAN EX: We have -- we have been real happy. We -- we kind of fought that prison. And that prison has not been a hindrance to us at all. It's -- it's -- they have made it -- they have kept it nice. They have done good for the community. And I can't see where the federal is going to do that. I -- I don't want to be late for the meeting.

ELIZABETH BRACKETT: Are you concerned about safety?

JAN EX: A little bit, especially when they talk about parameters, that -- it bothers me. It bothers me a lot.

Okay, she meant perimeter, but we can ignore that. Then...

ELIZABETH BRACKETT: You're pretty close.

JAN EX: I'm pretty close. I'm very close.

ELIZABETH BRACKETT: But have you ever had any problems so far with...

JAN EX: No, we haven't. No, we have never had any problems with the -- with the prison that was there.

ELIZABETH BRACKETT: And why would this be different?

JAN EX: I don't know. I just don't like the idea of -- of the people coming from Guatemala.

Yep, those Gautemalan prisoners are a real problem! [HELLLLLP!]

Then there was one guy who was funny just because of circumstance. This was a news story about allegations of serious misconduct and security lapses by ArmorGroup, a private security force guarding the US embassy, in Kabul, that has hired Nepalese guards who can't speak English. While kept in the dark with his voice disguised to protect his identity, and sounding dangerously similar to Donald Duck, he comes on and says
"You can't communicate with them. They are -- it's completely -- hand and arm signals don't really work, because, if they were actual military, universal hand and arm signal signs would work."
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/asia/july-dec09/embassy_09-01.html

No one who sounds like Donald Duck should be complaining about commucation problems! :biggrin: I didn't hear most of what he said because I was too busy laughing at his first sentence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Ivan Seeking said:
I was just hit by several comments that made me laugh.

First

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=8344083&page=1

However, as of late June, only $13 billion of $478 Billion had been spent.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31548130

Conclusion, why does anyone even have an opinion yet? :rofl:

Have you ever felt like money could solve some of your problems??

Well, I'm willing to offer you a once in a lifetime opportunity -- I'll buy your car for $10,000,000! Just give me your car, and I'll pay it off at a rate of $1 per year. I promise you, this will solve all your economic problems!

Oh, and don't come a whinin' to me that it didn't solve your problems before you get at least 90% of the money, because otherwise you won't know if the money is helping to solve your problems.

junglebeast said:
Well, I'm willing to offer you a once in a lifetime opportunity -- I'll buy your car for $10,000,000! Just give me your car, and I'll pay it off at a rate of $1 per year.
Reductio ad ridiculum : your numbers are wrong. The rates you are comparing with have nothing to do with reality.

I already posted this in the favorite quotes thread, but I think it is worth one more pass.

On the Cafferty Files, on CNN, viewers comment on current news stories and related questions posed by Jack Cafferty. One day the subject was divorce. The question was asking something about whether divorcees would get married again. One male viewer commented:

~
Get married again?! Why bother? I'll just find some woman I don't like and give her my house.

1. What is "Laugh Out Loud at These Comments: Donald Duck Impersonator & More!"?

"Laugh Out Loud at These Comments: Donald Duck Impersonator & More!" is a collection of funny and entertaining comments from people who have impersonated Donald Duck or encountered someone who has.

2. Who is Donald Duck and why is he a popular character?

Donald Duck is a cartoon character created by Walt Disney in 1934. He is a popular and beloved character known for his mischievous personality, temper, and comedic role in various Disney cartoons and comic books.

3. How did the idea for this collection come about?

The idea for this collection came from the observation that there are many people who have attempted to impersonate Donald Duck or have funny stories about encountering someone who has. The goal of this collection is to share these hilarious and entertaining comments with others.

4. What can readers expect from "Laugh Out Loud at These Comments: Donald Duck Impersonator & More!"?

Readers can expect to be entertained and amused by the funny and clever comments featured in this collection. They can also expect to learn more about the popularity and impact of Donald Duck as a character.

5. Is this collection suitable for all ages?

Yes, this collection is suitable for all ages. While there may be some mild language or suggestive content in some of the comments, overall it is appropriate for all audiences.