Output of best betavoltaics per size?

• Thread starter jim_990
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

does anyone know what power output the best current betavoltaics can produce per size per volume/type/radioactivity of fuel? Are they capable of size for size equaling a normal battery? and if not what fraction of the way there? or are alphavoltaics more promising? I cannot find much of interest on t
his except on these 'crazy' 'antigravity' web sites, which i dont know whether to believe or not.

Answers and Replies

jim_990 said:
does anyone know what power output the best current betavoltaics can produce per size per volume/type/radioactivity of fuel? Are they capable of size for size equaling a normal battery? and if not what fraction of the way there? or are alphavoltaics more promising? I cannot find much of interest on t
his except on these 'crazy' 'antigravity' web sites, which i dont know whether to believe or not.
Looks like your researching ways to build an Electrical energy source from a Beta emitter.

I heard that Beta decay emissions can be accelerated by inducing a current into it, I don't know how true it is though.

another potential maybe be to look into a Beta emitting Dielectric material and build a Beta emitting Capacitor. The Dielectric could be a b- or an b-b-
and the charge plates could capture the emissions.

Can't wait for High K Dielectrics in a spray can. Hehe. :smile: