Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Outrageous! $1,000 pizza

1. Oct 5, 2007 #1

Evo

Staff: Mentor

http://potw.news.yahoo.com/s/potw/45857/new-york-on-a-million-a-day

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 5, 2007 #2

morphism

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

$1000 and it doesn't even come with a drink? Pffft. Talk about overpriced.

4. Oct 5, 2007 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Okay, so it's really just unusual ways to serve expensive caviar?

5. Oct 5, 2007 #4

Evo

Sevruga caviar is the 3rd best caviar, and what the hell is "dessert caviar"? No one is putting salted fish eggs on my chocolate sundae! :yuck:

6. Oct 5, 2007 #5
    Hmm, wealth redistribution from those with more cash than brains towards those with more moxie than scruples. The rest of us peons are just entertained spectators of this little play.

7. Oct 5, 2007 #6

Astronuc

I'd agree.

But then this is for the crowd who can piss away "$200,000 Ferraris, $450,000 yachts, $20 million apartments on Columbus Circle with floor-to-ceiling" -

oh but wait - there's more -

Pretty sad.

8. Oct 5, 2007 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah, but I was trying to figure out how that works when the matchmaker's clientele are all men? Does she just set them up with her friends? Can I be added to the list? Not that I really want to be with someone who would toss away that much money to have someone else find him a girlfriend, but it might be enjoyable to date him for a while, and when I've amassed enough loot, hit the road again. :biggrin:

9. Oct 6, 2007 #8

Astronuc

I believe women register with matchmaker organizations. The organizations supposedly screen the women before matching them up with potential boyfriends/husbands.

Another example - http://www.valentiinternational.com/ - based in San Diego. It is one of several which advertise in airline magazines and probably business journals like Fortune. They cater to a wealthy clientele.

10. Oct 6, 2007 #9

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Excuse me, but one doesn't piss when it comes to Ferraris. :grumpy: One is simply helping the Italian people. :uhh:

11. Oct 6, 2007 #10

Evo

Funny story relating to those exclusive matchmaking services for millionaires.

My best friend's (we'll call her Ann) fiance's ex-wife who was the ex-girlfriend of my then current boyfriend (we'll call her Bimbo) belonged to one of these services. The services supposedly verify things like education, employment history, do credit and arrest searches, etc... Anyway, when my ex-boyfriend (he was a millionaire, she was a golddigger) was dating her, a friend of his told him he'd seen her video at this exclusive matchmaking service for wealthy men. While I was dating him, he had to take out a restraining order on her for stalking him.

To make a long story short, she's currently in prison for killing her husband. I guess even for a $500,000 fee, you can't be sure your perfect "match" isn't an ax murderer. (ok, so she bludgeoned him to death with a 2x4 while he was asleep in bed, same result).

I think this explains why I don't date anyone near me anymore. Everyone knows, has dated, been married to, or killed someone within the same small circle of people. I've had much better luck meeting people on the internet.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  12. Oct 6, 2007 #11

Astronuc

Reality trumps fiction.

13. Oct 6, 2007 #12
    I guess you get what you pay for

I wonder if he said to himself during the process, "This is going to kill me to pay that much!"

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  14. Oct 6, 2007 #13

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Geez, and I thought paying $8.00 for a tray of pizza was a little on the pricey side:rolleyes:

15. Oct 6, 2007 #14
    That's whacked!

I guess it's true what they say. Money can't buy love, unless ofcourse that love is for the money.

16. Oct 6, 2007 #15
    At least I can't kill you or you me (assuming we never physically meet).

17. Oct 6, 2007 #16
    That's what I say every time I apply to a new dating site. For some reason they keep banning me. I can't figure out why.:uhh:

18. Oct 6, 2007 #17

turbo

Gold Member

When you apply to a dating site, you should mention things like "haven't killed anybody", "never convicted of stalking", etc, so they know you're up-and-up.

19. Oct 6, 2007 #18

radou

Homework Helper

-->

..and, for example, "Never killed my parents and stored them in my refrigerator.", "Never tortured cats and other animals in some of these different ways: a) ... , b) ..., c) ...", etc.

20. Oct 6, 2007 #19

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

"Not a danger to self or others" is also good, especially if you can provide a signed evaluation with that statement.

21. Oct 6, 2007 #20
    mmm and i thought my 5pound pizza in edinburgh was expensive. Now it sounds might good for the price. To bad im back in germany.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?