Calculating Equilibrium Points in OVA-Opamp Circuit with Ideal Diodes

In summary, the conversation discusses a circuit exercise involving an OVA-opamp and two circuits, Fig. 1(a) and Fig. 1(b). The opamp is replaced with a model containing ideal diodes and the driving-point characteristics seen by the capacitor are obtained. The conversation also mentions questions about the equilibrium points of the circuit and whether they are stable or not. The conversation also includes a file with the circuit representations.
Ander99
Homework Statement
Determinate the equilibrium points of an OVA-Opamp circuit
Tell if this points are stable or not
Relevant Equations
Kirchhof's Laws
Hi everyone, I need help with this exercise becouse I don't know how to calculate the equilibrium points of a circuit. The original exersice is the following:
Assume that the open loop dynamic response of the OVA-opamp gets captured by Fig. 1(a) and
consider the circuit of Fig. 1(b).
Consider first that vs =0
Replace the opamp in Fig. 1(b) by the model of Fig. 1(a) with ideal diodes. Obtain the driving-
point characteristics seen by the capacitor . Provide justified answers to
the following questions:
• How many equilibrium points has the circuit?
• Which of these equilibrium points are stable, and which are unstable?

I have attached a file with the representation of the circuits.
Thank you very much, everyone.

Attachments

• Opamp.jpg
    Opamp.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 118
Physics news on Phys.org
Ander99 said:
Homework Statement:: Determinate the equilibrium points of an OVA-Opamp circuit
Tell if this points are stable or not
Relevant Equations:: Kirchhof's Laws

Hi everyone, I need help with this exercise becouse I don't know how to calculate the equilibrium points of a circuit. The original exersice is the following:
Assume that the open loop dynamic response of the OVA-opamp gets captured by Fig. 1(a) and
consider the circuit of Fig. 1(b).
Consider first that vs =0
Replace the opamp in Fig. 1(b) by the model of Fig. 1(a) with ideal diodes. Obtain the driving-
point characteristics seen by the capacitor . Provide justified answers to
the following questions:
• How many equilibrium points has the circuit?
• Which of these equilibrium points are stable, and which are unstable?

I have attached a file with the representation of the circuits.
Thank you very much, everyone.
Welcome to PhysicsForums. :smile:

What's an OVA?

And it looks like the circuit is wired as a positive-feedback comparator, not a negative feedback opamp. Where is ##V_s## being generated? (the - input voltage to the comparator)

[QUOTE = "berkeman, publicación: 6418425, miembro: 8921"]
Bienvenido a PhysicsForums. :sonrisa:

¿Qué es un OVA?

Y parece que el circuito está cableado como un comparador de retroalimentación positiva, no como un opamp de retroalimentación negativa. ¿Dónde se genera ## V_s ##? (el - voltaje de entrada al comparador)
[/quote]
I don't have that information about ## V_s ## but I think it has a constant value which is 0, anyway.

1. What is an OVA-Opamp equilibrium point?

An OVA-Opamp equilibrium point refers to the point at which the output voltage of an operational amplifier (Opamp) stabilizes and remains constant, regardless of any changes in the input voltage. This point is also known as the steady-state or quiescent point.

2. How is the OVA-Opamp equilibrium point determined?

The OVA-Opamp equilibrium point is determined by analyzing the input-output relationship of the Opamp using mathematical equations and circuit analysis techniques. It can also be found experimentally by varying the input voltage and measuring the output voltage until it stabilizes.

3. Why is the OVA-Opamp equilibrium point important?

The OVA-Opamp equilibrium point is important because it represents the ideal operating point for the Opamp, where it can provide maximum amplification and minimal distortion. It also allows for accurate and stable signal processing in various electronic circuits.

4. How can the OVA-Opamp equilibrium point be affected?

The OVA-Opamp equilibrium point can be affected by changes in the supply voltage, temperature, and component values within the Opamp circuit. It can also be influenced by external factors such as noise and interference.

5. What are the applications of the OVA-Opamp equilibrium point?

The OVA-Opamp equilibrium point has various applications in electronic circuits, such as voltage amplification, signal filtering, and signal conditioning. It is also used in instrumentation and control systems, audio amplifiers, and communication devices.