Carmel IN Wire Harness Builder Looking for Supplier

• Thread starter I forgot ohms
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Wire
In summary, the speaker is looking for a supply house or distributor to buy a large quantity of 22-gauge red and black wire for a company in Carmel, Indiana that builds wire harnesses. They are open to suggestions such as BrandoneBay or scrap metal dealers, but are curious about the amount of wire being sold. They are also considering electronic/electrical surplus dealers, but shipping costs may affect profits. The speaker has 50,000 feet of red wire and 75,000 feet of black wire in 25,000 feet barrels due to a double purchase order.
I forgot ohms
I Don't know if this is the correct place for this post but here goes. I am looking for a supply house or distributor who buys wire I have a lot of 1015 22 red and black. I work for a company in carmel indiana who builds wire harnesses. Please point me in the correct direction. Thank you
Brandon

Engineering news on Phys.org
eBay? Scrap metal dealers? (You'll probably get less from the latter since all that wire needs to be recycled).

Just curious. How much of this 22ga wire you have?

Check your area for electronic/electrical surplus dealers.
For example, one of the biggest in my area is Apex Electronics. Unless you are looking to sell a huge quantity, I imagine shipping costs would offset any profit.

50,000 feet of red and 75,000 feet of black it is all in 25,000 feet barrels...
There was a double p.o. put in for it.

1. What is a wire harness?

A wire harness is a group of wires or cables that are bound together to provide a secure and organized electrical connection between two or more components or devices.

2. Why do I need a wire harness?

A wire harness is necessary to ensure efficient and reliable transmission of electrical signals between components. It also helps to protect the wires from damage and provides a neater and more organized appearance.

3. What qualities should I look for in a wire harness supplier?

When looking for a wire harness supplier, it is important to consider their experience, reputation, quality control measures, and ability to customize harnesses to your specific needs. It is also important to ensure that the supplier follows industry standards and regulations.

4. How do I choose the right wire harness for my project?

The right wire harness for your project will depend on factors such as the type of components, voltage and current requirements, and environmental conditions. It is best to consult with a knowledgeable supplier who can help you choose the most suitable harness for your specific project.

5. Can I build my own wire harness or should I buy one from a supplier?

While it is possible to build your own wire harness, it requires specialized tools and expertise. It is generally more cost-effective and efficient to purchase wire harnesses from a reputable supplier who can provide customized solutions and ensure quality and consistency in production.