Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ozone solubility in water

Tags:
  1. May 19, 2015 #1
    Hi everyone

Let say i have a 60 liters water tank filled with tap water (no fluoride). And i keep this 60 liters of water saturated with ozone at 600 ORP for 24 hours. The saturation method is just simple airstone zone diffusing method.
    so, will this ozone gas leaks(or diffuse out) out to the atmosphere from the ozone saturated water?

i am asking this because im worried about the ozone inhaling problem.

Thank you

2. jcsd
  3. May 19, 2015 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

I assume tank is opened (otherwise you wouldn't be able to use an airstone because of the pressure buildup). If so, there will be definitely some ozone leaks. Whether they will be large enough for the ozone to be harmful is another question.

4. May 20, 2015 #3
    Hi Borek
    Thank you for your reply.
    Do you have any idea how to make keep the un-dissolved ozone level low in the water solutions?

Thank you

5. May 20, 2015 #4

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Not sure what your question is. In general to keep the concentration at some level you should monitor it and add ozone when the concentration goes under the lower limit. With some knowledge about dynamics of the concentration changes there is no need to monitor the upper limit.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook