Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Page numbers in power point

1. Aug 14, 2010 #1
    hi, this will be really simple but i cant work out how to display the page number/total number of pages in power point. by this i mean that, for example if my presentation is five pages long and im on the 2nd page it will show 2/5 in the bottom right hand corner. i can display just the page numbers but i think it would be better in this format so that i and the audience no how far there is to go!! can anyone tell me how to do this please?

thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 14, 2010 #2

minger

Science Advisor

If you go to View Header/Footer, there are little snippets you can include for auto-page number and total pages, date, author, etc.

In Office 2007+ I'm almost certain that you have to go through a Slide Master to view the footers though.

4. Aug 14, 2010 #3
    hi thanks for the quick reply! however, i had tried that before but instead of giving eg 2/5 it jst gives the current page number (eg 2). i want the total page number to show as well. is there an option like that that i am missing in the header footer bit?

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook