Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Paid Subscription Expiry Notice

1. Oct 10, 2012 #1
    I received an email reminding me to renew my paid subscription to PF and I did so. However, I found the wording of the email to be slightly misleading. The relevant portion stated:
    This statement could lead one to believe that an individual who didn't renew would no longer be able to read or post on the forums. I don't think that's the case. Also, the above statement reminds me of typical phishing emails ("If you don't click on the below link, access to your bank account will be removed."). In fact, my first thought when reading the email was that it was a phishing attempt.

I suggest that the statement quoted above be replaced by a sentence similar to:

If you do not extend your subscription, you will lose the benefits enjoyed by PF Contributors.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 10, 2012 #2
    You're absolutely right! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It is stock content that I never thought to check out. We'll change it shortly, thanks!

4. Oct 10, 2012 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

Edit: Greg was faster than I was.

5. Oct 22, 2012 #4

sophiecentaur

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

@Evo
    Having seen your lovely Pre-Raphaelite avatar (Lady of Shallot? ) I am almost tempted to go for it.

6. Oct 22, 2012 #5

Evo

Yes, Lady of Shallot.

7. Oct 23, 2012 #6

Mark44

Is there an avatar for Lord of Leek? If not, I'd settle for Chevalier de Chive.:tongue2:

8. Oct 23, 2012 #7

sophiecentaur

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

We are beset with Philstines on this thread. Also, she's pretty hot.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook