Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Paint Technology

1. Nov 24, 2009 #1
    Please can someone give me any latest soft ware or info on paint tainting and technology.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 24, 2009 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Do you mean paint tinting? Like tuning up a paint color to use to paint your home? I've seen such software in the home improvment and hardware stores, but am not sure if you can run the application on your own PC. Have you tried looking at the websites of the paint manufacturers?

4. Nov 24, 2009 #3

turbo

Gold Member

The formulae are likely proprietary, too. Have you ever tried mixing commercial paints? They don't combine like you might expect, and can give some decidedly ugly colors. I bought a variety of paints to create my own backdrops for portrait photography and got some "interesting" combos.

5. Nov 24, 2009 #4

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

In the store (if it is a good one) they'll have a spectrophotometer that can calculate the paint mixture to approach a certain color.

6. Nov 24, 2009 #5

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

7. Nov 25, 2009 #6
    I have not seen one jet I will start looking for it. Thanks

8. Nov 25, 2009 #7
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook