thoughts on this?
Hard to say. So far I think it could be a prank or a hoax, but I would like to see the video footage. I would also like to see other shots from the same camera. The blurry areas are a bit interesting, but that could be caused by rain or other contaminants on the lens. If I see any follow up to this I will post.
I have several reservations about this!
- ghost stories, generally tell of a ghost walking on the height or level that it would once have been on doing things that generally they would have done back in the day. Like walking around with a candle or whatnot. Now im unclear of fire regulations back in the tudor persiod, but i very much doubt that dor would have been there.
- To pull off a good hoax, you dont go in clothes everyone knows you wear, and yu dont put a big neon sign over your head saying "THIS IS A HOAX". If the person was a clever hoaxer, they would have done it properly and got all the details sorted.
- There are no images of any other cameras released. Now i wonder why we have heard nothing of whatother cameras see? Surely there are! There wont just be 1 camera, covering a fire exit! This video should be released to prove something.
Im very fairly confident this a hoax, Im unsure how people can quite belive this could be real. I think it might be an ttempt at either christmas cheer, or to put a boost into the tourist attractions earnings!
Go here for a news report [Real Player] video and an animated GIF:
Even scarier than the "ghost", the number of people who believe its a ghost...
From the CNN Poll:
(Scary or disappointing, I havent decided...)
that animated gif reveals it all for me. I mean eveidence from that...
- it would like you to think the doors swung open where as there is a clear gap between when the doors are full yopen and when the doors are closed, thus easily giving time for someone to swing them open then get back.
- when he comes out, his arms are extended as if he is going to close the doors. However due to the lag of the video, you dont see him grip it. Ghosts cannot "grip2 anything, especially if it had been been subsequent to them dying (as ideas would suggest). The only ever evidence that he closes the door himself/herself is at the very end of it, when they grip the door handle with both arms and pulls it shut.
- And the most obvious thing,k which im surprised nobody has shouted out yet is that the CAMERA IS MOVING, as if somebody is holding it. Its not even "swaing in the wind" moving, its as ifsomeone hasnt got a steady hand.
and everything i said above. I cannot belive people are buying into this obvious hoax !
I like the part where the "ghost" tries to close each door, but then he has to reach out again; twice! I guess ghosts are either clumsy or they have slippery fingers.
Our ghost also casts a shadow.
My only question is how those doors originially opened before the "ghost" came to make a futile attempt at closing it. I cant really tell because of the low-res camera shot.
As for the blurriness, everything about that footage seems blurry to me.
I hadn't seen the video. Looks to me like they used fishing line and some dope in a costume.
he swings it open just after the camera has taken the shot then steps backa little bit. Or fishing line as he said, but i dont reckon they were that sophisticated.
From the Beeb
Im pretty surprised all the British TVs and Newspapers are actually buying into this. Its amongst the worst hoaxes ive seen. They might as well cover roswell or do an area51 special ecause its gonna be just as useful to everyone :)
Looks like their tourist numbers will increase.
Separate names with a comma.