Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Palestine moving in the right direction.

1. Jan 21, 2005 #1

If the government continues to do this, I pray we honor our end of the deal and move rapidly toward a Palestinian state. This is so good to see, FINALLY!
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 22, 2005 #2
    I can guarantee you there is going to be no end to the Palestinian conflict until there is a full scale war.
  4. Jan 22, 2005 #3
    Sounds like they really are moving on the right track, great news. Though I wonder if come time for the next round of elections exactly how democratic they will be. It's easy to replace a dead guy, but let's see if living people in power will relinquish it if public will is against them.

I don't know a great deal about Palestine in general, but it seems to me that this stuff has happened before, and the new leader that America thinks will end the conflict after the old leader is disposed/killed just ends up creating another set of conflict and being a problem down the road (such as Saddam Hussein).
  5. Jan 22, 2005 #4
    I found it very funny or tragicomic when Sharon decided to sever political relations with newly elected Palestinina leader after only one bombing at the check point.
    Sharon behaves like a child, not grown men.Or maybe he does not gives **** who is Palestinian leader.Propably.
  6. Jan 22, 2005 #5
    The question:

Will Israel move to the right side? Will they remove their illegal extremists’ militants and their families from the settlements of WB and Gaza? Will they behave as human and accept to leave the Palestinian to live in part of their free country? They got already 80% of Palestine by force and terrorism, why they can not accept to leave 20%, according to UN resolutions, to native people who live in this land since centuries?

The problem with western media: they define the calm or peaceful period as the period no Israeli killed …. Even if hundreds of Palestinian killed within that calm period!
  7. Jan 22, 2005 #6
    May be you will surprise, but Iraq elected the first Parliament in ME in 1916.. UK occupied this country and replaced the elected parliament by corrupted king...

Palestine elected the second Parliament in ME in 30s. This Parliament with its governments succeeded to end the Palestinian revolution against UK in 1939 when the 2WW started.

This is second round of presidential election of Palestinian authority. First round was in 1996 under European supervision, Arafat won 75% of votes, and the next was women called Samiha Khalil , she got 20% of votes.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2005
  8. Jan 23, 2005 #7
    Very interesting, I did not know that.And we are being fed daily thru the media how uncivilized and primitive arabs are.
  9. Jan 27, 2005 #8
    all religion based goverments are EVIL some more than others
    worse my tax $$$$$$$$$$ supports this EVIL
    there will be no peace in the holyland intill zionists give up power
    yes the arabs do nasty stuff but I would tooo if they stold my homelands

BTW anti-semitic is a evil slogan I am anti-zionist [religion based goverment]
    I have many jewish friends and arabs are semitic people tooo
    none of this mess is based on race
    it is about religion and power :eek:
  10. Jan 27, 2005 #9

Staff: Mentor

The media reports of the softening of relations between Israel and the PA are encouraging, but there's a probem that isn't going away:
    Misleading, inaccurate, and dishonest - every bit of it. Until attitudes like this die, I'm afraid the conflict can't end. Make a choice, Bilal: choose peace.
  11. Jan 27, 2005 #10
    So..please "Mr know it all" enlighten us a little bit what in Bilal last post is so innacurate,misleading and dishonest?I think he is 100 % correct.
  12. Jan 28, 2005 #11
  13. Jan 28, 2005 #12
    Please, Could you tell me where I present inaccurate information?

14. Jan 29, 2005 #13

Staff: Mentor

-"their free country"
    -"by force and terrorism"
    -"why they can not accept to leave 20%, according to UN resolutions"

Would you also like me to highlight the misleading and dishonest parts? I didn't mention it before, but there is also inflamatory rhetoric...
  15. Jan 29, 2005 #14

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

State condoned/promoted terror versus terror ... there is no single side here who needs to move in the right direction, and Palestine doesn't have the international support & resources Israel is enjoying, so arguing this the other way around appears just as feasible. The opportunity to break the cycle ought to be embraced and ditch the childish force-political means that have led to the deadlock.
  16. Jan 29, 2005 #15

not wanting to veer from the status quo...
  17. Jan 29, 2005 #16
    I just simply can not understand how almost all Americans don't question and even fully support Israel?
    Why yo care about Israel so much? sometimes looks to me Americans care more about them than their own country USA!
    This US attack on Iraq is also very questionable as to whos national interests were promoted in the region,Israeli of course.
    Israeli lobby in US congress have done good job to confuse some bird brains.
  18. Jan 31, 2005 #17
    I am also looking into this. A very partial answer may be fear of Nazi-like discrimination resurfacing.
  19. Jan 31, 2005 #18
    We can read history, and see full well what this unbroken chain of hatred and attack springs from;

"Too many Jews buying land in the 'hood."

Clearly, that's a sentiment that America should either be neutral about or even, get behind.
  20. Jan 31, 2005 #19
    If by "'hood', you mean Germany, Poland etc., then who's to say Palestine Arabs (or anyone else for that matter), would be no different? Present-day Israel is perhaps an equivalent amount of land European Jews used to own in eastern Europe (total guess here), or would buy in palestine anyway. Why bother rescuing them in WW2, if they are subsequently left alone afterwards?
  21. Feb 1, 2005 #20
    The end of cease-fire after the Israeli murdered a child inside her school ...

Or the Palestinian victims are not important?

United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) 31 January 2005

PRESS RELEASE Press Release No. HQ/G/01/2005
    31 January 2005

Noran Iyad Deeb, a pupil at the Rafah Elementary Co-Ed "B" School run by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA), was shot and killed today while lining up in the school yard for afternoon assembly. She was ten years old.

A second girl, Aysha Isam El-Khatib was injured in the hand by a second bullet fired at the same time.

At the time of the incident, firing had been heard from the direction of the Israeli-controlled border area. The school's teaching staff were attempting to clear the children from the school yard when Noran was hit. The bullet hit her in the face.

This is the fifth incident in the last two years in which children have been killed or seriously injured inside UNRWA school premises in the Gaza Strip. Two girls were killed in separate incidents in Rafah and Khan Younis last year and a little girl was permanently blinded in Khan Younis in March 2003.

UNRWA has repeatedly protested the Israeli military's indiscriminate firing into civilian areas in the occupied Palestinian territory. Rafah Elementary Co-Ed "B" School, which is 800 metres from the border, has been hit on numerous occasions since the start of the conflict. This is the first time the shots have had tragic consequences.

Peter Hansen, UNRWA's Commissioner-General, said: "Despite the hopeful signs of improvement in the situation we have again been reminded of the continuing danger to which innocent children are exposed by the realities of the occupation and the irresponsible use of arms."

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?