Palestine moving in the right direction.

• News
  • Thread starter member 5645
  • Start date
SOS2008
Gold Member
spender said:
I just simply can not understand how almost all Americans don't question and even fully support Israel?
Why yo care about Israel so much? sometimes looks to me Americans care more about them than their own country USA!
There are several reasons, but mostly it is religious. Evangelicals in the U.S. are even donating to Israel to rebuild the Temple Mount as we speak, even though they are Gentiles as much as they are Infidels--you would have to study the Bible to understand. And yes, there is a Jewish lobby in the U.S. with influence, not only via campaign contributions, but also control of some of the press and Hollywood.

Aside from not knowing how much of their tax dollars have been spent in U.S. aid to Israel, most Americans don't realize that Arafat had to refuse the last round of agreements. He would have been killed, and Jimmy Carter, who is almost the only U.S. leader who truly understands this and has credibility in the region will tell you that the Israeli offer was not fair.

Let's hope this will not be the case this time around. I would feel better if Carter was involved along with other countries though, and not Ms. Rice and the born-again President she works for.

russ_watters said:
Certainly:

-"illegal"
-"their free country"
-"by force and terrorism"
-"why they can not accept to leave 20%, according to UN resolutions"

Would you also like me to highlight the misleading and dishonest parts? I didn't mention it before, but there is also inflamatory rhetoric...
If you want to be technical, the "terrorism" could well correctly refer to the Zionist terrorism against the british in the late 40s early 50s. The palestinian problem is certainly complicated and twisted, and both sides have been completely out of control, unethical, and illegal, now lets hope that the sides can work everything out and bring peace back to a region that hasn't seen it in so long.

~Lyuokdea

PerennialII
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'm getting puzzled by the whole deal with Arafat ... meaning the suggested revival of the process now when he's no longer around, did the problems in the peace process personalize that bad :confused: .

SOS2008
Gold Member
PerennialII said:
I'm getting puzzled by the whole deal with Arafat ... meaning the suggested revival of the process now when he's no longer around, did the problems in the peace process personalize that bad :confused: .
Bush wouldn't have anything to do with Arafat, and why the Israeli/Palestinian conflict is only now back on the U.S. agenda. Bush has similar attitudes toward Iran...