Palin 2012?

• News
  • Thread starter Dembadon
  • Start date
BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I think the criticism of Palin (much like the posts in this thread) actually endears her to millions of average people.

I don't think she will be the Republican candidate. However, if she does run - and more importantly is elected - it will probably be push-back to the personal attacks by the hard Left that makes it happen. Again, IMO.
I think that's already happened. Some of the attacks on Palin before she had a chance to demonstrate her qualifications were disgraceful. Once having started defending her honor, the defenders had put a little of themselves on the line, making it harder to admit she was a dead end candidate.

Given a fair chance for people to form an unbiased opinion of her, I think the reaction would have been similar to the reaction Harriet Miers received as a Supreme Court justice.

Bull Killgore
Palin is just a red herring. The greatest danger is that she will tempt reasonable people to think that an unreasonable politician is good by comparison.

Palin is just a red herring. The greatest danger is that she will tempt reasonable people to think that an unreasonable politician is good by comparison.
Care to elaborate - and welcome to the PF.

Bull Killgore
Care to elaborate - and welcome to the PF.
I mean that there is very little danger that she herself will be elected, but the bigger problem is that she normalizes an uncomfortable degree of craziness in American politics.

Although she's hardly the first one to do so.

And yeah thanks for the welcome. I posted here first when I realized that as a first year uni student I wouldn't really know what I was talking about in the science threads. Maybe in 4 years.

I mean that there is very little danger that she herself will be elected, but the bigger problem is that she normalizes an uncomfortable degree of craziness in American politics.

Although she's hardly the first one to do so.

And yeah thanks for the welcome. I posted here first when I realized that as a first year uni student I wouldn't really know what I was talking about in the science threads. Maybe in 4 years.
Hi ... Bull? What's a first year uni student? I have no formal education in physics but have read (1) David Bohm's Quantum Theory textbook, (2) Rodney Louden's Quantum Theory of Light textbook, and (3) somebody's textbook on Fourier Analysis, so I'm in your camp. I think. Personally, I love Sarah Palin. Publically, I will deny any knowledge of her. And, of course, I'm voting for either Nader or Zappa. Wait, Zappa's dead. Ok, whoever.

Last edited:
Personally, I love Sarah Palin. Publically, I will deny any knowledge of her.
I've repeatedly heard similar quips in my travels.