Palin's Palm Holds the Answers

• News
  • Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary: I mean I would have voted for McCain if it wasn't for her, but if she was alone in the race, I would have voted for Obama.In summary, the conversation discusses Sarah Palin's use of crib notes on her hand during a speech and the potential implications for her political future. It also touches on the term "tea-baggers" and Palin's tendency towards inconsistency. Participants in the conversation express disbelief and humor at the situation.
We could start some sort of community where everyone gets along and we all share. It could be some sort of "utopia" a Utopian society of sorts.
That will show those democritans!
Revolutionary idea is it not?

Physics news on Phys.org
cronxeh said:
Come to think of it, perhaps PF should steer clear of political discussions all together. It seems pointless to argue, we can't change anything with any of our posts no matter how logical you make them.

do you mean, like most things in life?

rewebster said:
OK--corrected

palin--palmlines2.jpg

Now, it's finally clear to me why she says such dumb things! :rofl::rofl:

Poor Sarah!

"What did I write?! OMG! Am I blonde?!"

rewebster said:
do you mean, like most things in life?

No. I refuse to believe that. The closets politician I could see myself associate with is Ron Paul.

cronxeh said:
No. I refuse to believe that. The closets politician I could see myself associate with is Ron Paul.

are you saying you want to be in a closet with Ron Paul?

rewebster said:
are you saying you want to be in a closet with Ron Paul?

My keyboard had a Feudian slip

Ivan Seeking said:
We elected Obama because he is a fantastically skilled and capable person; so much so that he was able to defeat racism with hope.

huh? Skilled at what...breaking campaign promises? Better yet, when was racism put to death...at the beer summit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<embed bgcolor="#000000" allownetworking="all" allowscriptaccess="never" flashvars="autoPlay=false" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:264042" width="480" height="415"></embed> <div style="font-size:0.9em;"> <a href="http://vodpod.com/watch/3020413-colbert-sarah-palin-is-a-f-king-retard">Colbert: 'Sarah Palin Is A F--king Retard'</a>- Watch more <a href="http://vodpod.com/politics">Politics Videos</a> at <a href="http://vodpod.com">Vodpod</a>.</div>

and if it doesn't show:

http://vodpod.com/watch/3020413-colbert-sarah-palin-is-a-f-king-retard

Last edited by a moderator:
Sarah Palin is a God.

Brian_C said:
Sarah Palin is a God.
and020910b2.jpg

Sarah Palin is a cliche...

and if it wasn't for 'written' speeches where her only asset shows (confidence in what she is saying--which usually IS a bunch of cliches)

Didn't Obama use a tele-prompter to address students in a 6th grade classroom?

WhoWee said:
Didn't Obama use a tele-prompter to address students in a 6th grade classroom?
A tele-prompter is acceptable, also notes, scribbling on your hand to pretend that you don't need a tele-prompter or notes...

Evo said:
A tele-prompter is acceptable, also notes, scribbling on your hand to pretend that you don't need a tele-prompter or notes...
And to pretend she could answer a planted question that she couldn't manage to remember the answer to. I don't know how the teabaggers think, but I want to vote for a candidate that is smarter and better-informed than I am, and smarter and better-informed than the opponent(s).

turbo-1 said:
And to pretend she could answer a planted question that she couldn't manage to remember the answer to. I don't know how the teabaggers think, but I want to vote for a candidate that is smarter and better-informed than I am, and smarter and better-informed than the opponent(s).

Again, why does Obama need a teleprompter to address a 6th grade classroom? How does that make you feel - I doubt BOTH of them based upon the info available.

WhoWee said:
Again, why does Obama need a teleprompter to address a 6th grade classroom? How does that make you feel - I doubt BOTH of them based upon the info available.
Obviously a president wouldn't spend time memorizing things he'd want to mention one time only to a group of 6th graders. I'm sure his press people make sure he has a teleprompter at all of his public gatherings, makes sense. Now if he used a teleprompter meeting with heads of state, or in a one on one interview, that would be another issue.

Evo said:
A tele-prompter is acceptable, also notes,
Acceptable? To who? The political police?

scribbling on your hand to pretend that you don't need a tele-prompter or notes...
Who says she was pretending versus improvising on the fly?

mheslep said:
Do you honestly believe that she had her talking points jotted on her hand, so she could answer a random question from the audience? The question was planted, the answer was pre-planned to make her look good, but she couldn't remember the answer without crib notes.

We all remember how badly she stumbled when Katie Couric threw her softball questions. Imagining that woman in the White House is frightening beyond words.

turbo-1 said:
Do you honestly believe that she had her talking points jotted on her hand, so she could answer a random question from the audience? The question was planted, the answer was pre-planned to make her look good, but she couldn't remember the answer without crib notes.
Non-sequitor.

mheslep said:
Acceptable? To who? The political police?
Acceptable to the audience, apparently, it's a common practice.

Because in the video she turns her palm up and stares into it after asked the question and then repeats what's written on her hand. It was hysterical.

Evo said:
Obviously a president wouldn't spend time memorizing things he'd want to mention one time only to a group of 6th graders. I'm sure his press people make sure he has a teleprompter at all of his public gatherings, makes sense. Now if he used a teleprompter meeting with heads of state, or in a one on one interview, that would be another issue.

I realize he's busy - but couldn't he "wing it" for a classroom of 6th graders?

WhoWee said:

are you comparing Palin and Obama?

:rofl:

WhoWee said:
Have you seen the video? The speech was a policy speech for his "Race to the Top" educational program. It's a $1.3 Billion initiative meant to reward educational systems that make innovative changes in their systems that improve student outcomes. He explained the competitive nature of the initiative, and how the grant money wouldn't be handed out just because the state education departments asked for money. The speech was not aimed at 6th graders, but at the general public, through the press. There were students in the classroom, but it surely wasn't a 6th grade classroom they were using. In the video, there are crude cut-out pictures made of construction paper, and along the wall in back of him, there is a book labeled "Our circle book", and another labeled "Alphabet book" It appears that the WH staff grabbed an unused classroom (likely pre-school) to set up the podium and other equipment for the presentation.

Evo said:
Acceptable to the audience, apparently, it's a common practice.

Because in the video she turns her palm up and stares into it after asked the question and then repeats what's written on her hand. It was hysterical.
I was addressing the issue of preparing notes before the fact - piece of paper or hand - the choice of one or the other doesn't by itself reflect a pose that one doesn't need notes.

mheslep said:
I was addressing the issue of preparing notes before the fact - piece of paper or hand - the choice of one or the other doesn't by itself reflect a pose that one doesn't need notes.

maybe you don't see the difference between what (and why she had to) was written on her hand, and a speech.

turbo-1 said:
Have you seen the video? The speech was a policy speech for his "Race to the Top" educational program. It's a $1.3 Billion initiative meant to reward educational systems that make innovative changes in their systems that improve student outcomes. He explained the competitive nature of the initiative, and how the grant money wouldn't be handed out just because the state education departments asked for money. The speech was not aimed at 6th graders, but at the general public, through the press. There were students in the classroom, but it surely wasn't a 6th grade classroom they were using. In the video, there are crude cut-out pictures made of construction paper, and along the wall in back of him, there is a book labeled "Our circle book", and another labeled "Alphabet book" It appears that the WH staff grabbed an unused classroom (likely pre-school) to set up the podium and other equipment for the presentation.

So the speech was just put in a classroom "just cause"? And not a speech to 6th graders. Correct?

rewebster said:
are you comparing Palin and Obama?

:rofl:

Ivan started the comparisons - ask him.

MotoH said:
So the speech was just put in a classroom "just cause"? And not a speech to 6th graders. Correct?

Are you suggesting the 6th graders were props - much like the soldiers at West Point?

MotoH said:
The classroom was a backdrop for a policy speech about Obama's educational initiative. I'm sure the kids were thrilled, and I'm just as sure that Obama didn't have cheat sheets to answer the kids' questions after the speech.

turbo-1 said:
The classroom was a backdrop for a policy speech about Obama's educational initiative. I'm sure the kids were thrilled, and I'm just as sure that Obama didn't have cheat sheets to answer the kids' questions after the speech.

If he needed to read the speech from a teleprompter, how can you be so sure he didn't have notes?

I was just wondering, because it seems like what Obama was talking about, is a bit over the heads of 6th graders.

I would be thrilled to hell too if the President of the United States came to speak at my school. Heck it was awesome when Dick Cheney came to our town!

WhoWee said:
If he needed to read the speech from a teleprompter, how can you be so sure he didn't have notes?

You really think he would need notes to answer questions like, "What is it like to be the President?" and "What do you have for supper?"

MotoH said:
You really think he would need notes to answer questions like, "What is it like to be the President?" and "What do you have for supper?"

Are you asking for an opinion?:rofl:

WhoWee said:
What kind of notes? Do you think Obama has to resort to having pre-planned talking points for questions from 6th graders? Maybe his staff planted questions with the kids and Obama is too thick to be able to answer them without help. You Palin fans sure are reaching.

Apparently Palin's handlers didn't bother to explain to her that Obama made a policy speech about a fairly significant educational initiative IN A SCHOOL and that it was not directed at the 6th graders but at educators, politicians, and the general public.

turbo-1 said:
What kind of notes? Do you think Obama has to resort to having pre-planned talking points for questions from 6th graders? Maybe his staff planted questions with the kids and Obama is too thick to be able to answer them without help. You Palin fans sure are reaching.

Apparently Palin's handlers didn't bother to explain to her that Obama made a policy speech about a fairly significant educational initiative IN A SCHOOL and that it was not directed at the 6th graders but at educators, politicians, and the general public.

So you agree the kids were props?

Again, if he needed a teleprompter to make the speech - how can you be soooo sure he didn't need notes to answer questions about the speech?