Pancake motor view inside needed or sketch diagram

In summary, a pancake motor is a flat, disc-shaped electric motor commonly used in small devices. It works by converting electrical energy into mechanical energy through the interaction of electromagnets and permanent magnets. Its advantages include compact size, low profile, and low inertia. While a text-based answer cannot provide a visual representation, there are many diagrams available online. To make a sketch diagram, one must have a basic understanding of the internal components and can find pre-made diagrams online as a reference.
julee
Hi all forum guys!

Many days ago I am looking for a simple pancake motor to build in home. I need a diagram or a description of the armature, magnets , coils, and i can't get a article appeared in Popular Mechanics about it...?
If some knows about this. Please let me know it.
Thanks
Mr. Ju Lee
email: fmchilca@hotmail.com

Engineering news on Phys.org
You need to give more descriptive information. "Pancake" simply means that it was in all probability, flat. For example when the Corvair automobile originally came out, it was said to have a "pancake engine".

KM

Hi Mr. Ju Lee,

I understand your search for a simple pancake motor to build at home. I suggest looking into online resources or instructional videos that provide step-by-step guides on how to build a pancake motor. You can also try reaching out to online forums or communities dedicated to DIY projects for more specific guidance.

As for a diagram or description of the armature, magnets, and coils, it would be helpful to have a clearer idea of the specific design or type of pancake motor you are interested in. Different pancake motors may have varying configurations and components. You can also try searching for technical manuals or guides on pancake motors, which may provide the information you need.

I hope you are able to find the necessary resources to build your pancake motor. Best of luck in your project!

1. What is a pancake motor?

A pancake motor is a type of electric motor that is flat and disc-shaped, resembling a pancake. It is also known as a disc motor or flat motor. It is commonly used in applications where space is limited, such as in electronic devices.

2. How does a pancake motor work?

A pancake motor works by converting electrical energy into mechanical energy through the interaction of electromagnets and permanent magnets. When an electrical current is applied, it creates a magnetic field that interacts with the permanent magnets, causing the motor to rotate.

3. What are the advantages of a pancake motor?

One advantage of a pancake motor is its compact size, making it ideal for use in small devices. It also has a low profile, making it suitable for applications where height is limited. Additionally, pancake motors have a low inertia, allowing for quick acceleration and deceleration.

4. Can you provide a view inside a pancake motor?

Unfortunately, as a text-based answer, I am unable to provide a visual representation of a pancake motor. However, there are many diagrams and images available online that can give you a better understanding of the internal components of a pancake motor.

5. How do I make a sketch diagram of a pancake motor?

To make a sketch diagram of a pancake motor, you will need to have a basic understanding of its components and how they work together. You can start by drawing a circle to represent the disc-shaped motor body, then add in the electromagnets and permanent magnets. Be sure to label each component and include arrows to show the direction of rotation. You can also find pre-made diagrams online that you can use as a reference.