• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Paper about physics - no idea

• Thread starter XodoX
  • Start date
Hello,

I need to write a paper about physics and I hvae no idea at all what I could write about. Just about a topic related to physics. Could be based on an article, a book, video etc.

I was going to write about an interesting article about physics , but I can't find anything :frown:

I hope somebody can help me!

Answers and Replies

Matterwave
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Physics, is so very broad, do you have a specific area of interest?

Like, quantum mechanics (which is itself broad), or E&M, or classical mechanics, or fluid mechanics, or ...etc.

Physics, is so very broad, do you have a specific area of interest?

Like, quantum mechanics (which is itself broad), or E&M, or classical mechanics, or fluid mechanics, or ...etc.
No, I don't. Maybe something that affects our daily life. But I still can't think of something.

Matterwave
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Uh, E&M is probably the area of physics with most current applications. It is the basis for all electronics.

Total internal reflection is pretty interesting to me, it is the basis of our fibre optics communications.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Maybe something simple and applied like Inverse Square Law for Photographers?
http://www.geofflawrence.com/photography_tutorial_inverse_square_law.htm [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Redbelly98
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
What grade level is this for? Suitable topics could be very different depending whether it's for 8th grade, high school, or a college freshman physics course.

That being said, taking a look at several issues of Scientific American might provide good ideas. Your town's public library may have the past 6 months to 1 year of issues available.