1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Paperback vs Hardback

1. Jan 27, 2005 #1

JFo

Let me start off by apologizing for starting another "book" thread. I realize that some of you must be sick to death of these types of questions, but I didnt see this topic anywhere in previous threads. As I'm sure you know, students are usually quite poor and don't want to risk making a mistake and get a book that wasn't what they expected. So here goes the question:

Are the (cheaper) paper-back versions of classic texts such as Courant, Apostol, Spivak's calculus, word-for-word replicas of the original hard-back copies?
    Are there any other differences besides the hardness of their covers? :tongue:

Thanks for your help
    JFo

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 27, 2005 #2
    yes. and you can get courant's book and apostol's book (both volumes) online which i am studying right now

4. Jan 28, 2005 #3

JFo

So your using the paper-back version?
    Can I get the ISBN # from you?

Regards,
    JF

5. Jan 28, 2005 #4
    no i am using the hard back version (just checked em out of library). but they the actual ebooks online

6. Jan 28, 2005 #5

JFo

How do you know they are the same then?

7. Jan 29, 2005 #6
    Which book of Courant were you talking about? If it was "An Introduction to Calculus and Analysis", then heres the ISBN for the paper back version.

Volume one : 81-8128-168-3
    Volume two : 81-8128-169-1

I dont see why the paper back and hard back should be any different. Its logically absurd :) Its just the same book with a different binding.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?