What is the Symmetry of Structure and Process in Biology?

• Thread starter Stephen Mooney
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Biology
In summary, Stephen Mooney discovered that there is a symmetry of structure and process across and within the subatomic, atomic, and biology domains. This symmetry can be expressed in a paradigm of numbers and arrows. The first part of the paradigm gives us the ability to describe to the absolute degree of detail, and to predict to an extent many would not have thought possible. The numbers of the paradigm do not represent abstractions, they represent real and physical entities and physical process. The number [4] on the paradigm can represent the seven amino acids which are required in the formation of a single cell organism. This symmetry extends to the domain of biology where at [5] our organism is subject to the impact of radiation and mutates into (3).
Stephen Mooney
I conducted an investigation into the strange interpretations of physics. As a consequence
of debunking those interpretations I discovered something that is truly amazing.

There is a symmetry of structure and process across and within the sub-atomic, atomic
and biology domains.

This symmetry finds quantitative expression with a paradigm that takes the form of a
structure of numbers and arrows. The first part of the paradigm is below.

The paradigm gives us the ability to describe to the absolute degree of detail, and to
predict to an extent many would not have thought possible.

The numbers of the paradigm do not represent abstractions. They represent real and
physical entities and physical process.

The number [4] on the paradigm can represent the seven amino acids which are required
in the formation of a single cell organism. Through addition the number [4] has a value
of 7, and (2) and 16 represent temperature and pressure. [4] becomes (1) through this
process and represents a single cell organism.

This organism as (1) divides into 9 and 9. Perhaps you can tell me what these two nines
represent in the sense of strands of DNA. At [5] our organism is subject to the impact of
radiation and mutates into (3). Our mutated organism can then recombine with the other
strand of DNA and forms a new species of organism.

From this simple beginning I see the paradigm going on to specify the functioning and
evolution of biology. And that is truly amazing.

You can view my essay and the paradigm at http://paradigm.blogharbor.com

Yours
Stephen Mooney

paradigm@westnet.com.au

Physics news on Phys.org
Stephen Mooney said:
The number [4] on the paradigm can represent the seven amino acids which are required in the formation of a single cell organism.

Where did you get that information? As far as I know more than 7 amino acid are required for the formation of a single cell.

Stephen Mooney said:
At [5] our organism is subject to the impact of radiation and mutates into (3). Our mutated organism can then recombine with the other strand of DNA and forms a new species of organism.

Recombination does not always occurs after mutation, and most mutation and recombination are harmfull. Radiation is also not required for the emergences of a new species, mutation occurs because of falty machineries. Most microorganism also die quicky when expose to any sorts of radiation.

All 20 amino acids are found in DNA polymerase, which is certainly needed for a functioning cell.

I did a little more research and discovered that there are 20 amino acids required plus 2 special cases: asparagine/aspartic acid - asx - B glutamine/glutamic acid - glx - Z .
So, 22 at [6] on the paradigm must be where single cell biology is formed.

Thanks for that.

Yet further research indicates that there are indeed 20 amino acids. These combine at [5] under temperature and pressure and then at (3) divide into two strands of DNA. Hence the two 22's at [6]. Sorry about that , I have just begun applying the paradigm to biology.

1. What is the definition of symmetry in biology?

Symmetry in biology refers to the balanced distribution of body parts or structures in an organism. It can also refer to the similarity in form and function between different parts of an organism's body.

2. What are the different types of symmetry found in biology?

The three main types of symmetry found in biology are bilateral symmetry, radial symmetry, and asymmetry. Bilateral symmetry is when an organism can be divided into two equal halves along a central plane, while radial symmetry is when an organism's body can be divided into multiple equal parts around a central point. Asymmetry is when an organism has no discernible symmetry.

3. How does symmetry benefit organisms in their environment?

Symmetry in biology allows organisms to efficiently move, find food, and protect themselves from predators. It also helps with balance and coordination, as well as aiding in reproduction and mating.

4. What is the relationship between symmetry and genetics?

The symmetry of an organism's body and its genetic makeup are closely related. Genes control the development and growth of an organism, including its body symmetry. Mutations or changes in genes can lead to alterations in an organism's symmetry.

5. How does the study of symmetry in biology contribute to our understanding of evolutionary relationships?

The study of symmetry in biology can help scientists determine the evolutionary relationships between different species. Organisms with similar types of symmetry are likely to have a common ancestor, while those with different types of symmetry may have diverged from a common ancestor earlier in evolutionary history.