Parallel Spacetimes?

Is it possible for two plains of parallel spacetime to exist separated by some sort of void? One being antimatter and one being matter with the void bringing neutral territory. Like a piece of paper between two big magnets.

Answers and Replies

Drakkith
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
No, not in any mainstream theories that are used by professional scientists. Spacetime is a 4-dimensional manifold that doesn't exist inside of anything else, so it can't be parallel to anything (nor is it inside a 'void'). Not only that, but spacetime is not flat, it is curved, so I don't think it could be parallel anyways. It's also not made up of matter or antimatter. Both of these exist 'on top of' or 'inside' of spacetime. I put them in quotes because neither word really describes the situation accurately, but it's the best I could come up with.

No, not in any mainstream theories that are used by professional scientists. Spacetime is a 4-dimensional manifold that doesn't exist inside of anything else, so it can't be parallel to anything (nor is it inside a 'void'). Not only that, but spacetime is not flat, it is curved, so I don't think it could be parallel anyways. It's also not made up of matter or antimatter. Both of these exist 'on top of' or 'inside' of spacetime. I put them in quotes because neither word really describes the situation accurately, but it's the best I could come up with.
what if it wasn't in the void but around it. Like two ply toilet paper ( sorry for the lame example). It can curve and bend in parallel to the other. Each spacetime would have it's own presumed "antimatter and matter" but really it all falls under one or the other. A perfect opposite to the opposing plain of space. A perfect positive, a perfect neutral, and a perfect negative.

davenn
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2019 Award
what if it wasn't in the void but around it. Like two ply toilet paper ( sorry for the lame example). It can curve and bend in parallel to the other. Each spacetime would have it's own presumed "antimatter and matter" but really it all falls under one or the other. A perfect opposite to the opposing plain of space. A perfect positive, a perfect neutral, and a perfect negative.
where are you getting this stuff ? or are you just making it up as you go ?
You seem to be just throwing a bunch of thoughts/ideas together and hoping they make sense

you should know that in the real world ... NOTHING is perfect

just read the post from Drakkith again

berkeman
Mentor
Thread closed temporarily for Moderation...

Likes davenn
berkeman
Mentor
@Chris W Kullander -- Your thread will remain closed. If you can find links to mainstream websites about related issues and you want to discuss them, please start a new thread with those links and ask specific questions about the information in the links. Thank you.