Park Camper Van Free London | Parking in London

• Thread starter Bad_Boy_Blue
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about finding a free parking space for a camper van in London. The speaker suggests that there are plenty of options, such as mall parking lots and side streets, but then realizes that the question may be about London, England. The other speaker is looking for a permanent parking space for their camper van in order to live in it instead of a hostel. They mention concerns about their current living situation and their plan to buy a £400 van. However, since they do not have a driver's license, they will need a friend to initially drive the van to the parking space.
Bad_Boy_Blue
Is there anywhere you can park a camper van for free in London?

Physics news on Phys.org
Having lived in London all my life, I'd have to say sure there are! London has tons of places! Mall parking lots, side streets, some parking garages downtown... oh wait, you're probably asking about London, England... in which case, I don't know. :p

I'm looking to find a permanent parking space for a camper van so that I have a place to live. I'd rather live in a camper van than my current accomodation (a hostel). There are some pretty unfriendly characters where I live.

I'm planning on buying a £400 van and living in it, providing I can find an appropriate place to park it.

Since I don't have a driving lisence, I will have to get a friend to initially drive it to the parking space.

Last edited:

What is a park camper van and how does it work in London?

A park camper van is a type of vehicle that is designed for camping and traveling. It typically has living quarters and amenities such as a kitchen, bed, and bathroom. In London, park camper vans can park in designated areas for free for up to 24 hours, allowing travelers to explore the city without the expense of a hotel.

Where can I find designated areas for park camper vans in London?

There are several designated areas in London where park camper vans can park for free, including Hampstead Heath, Greenwich Park, and Victoria Park. These areas are typically large parks with open space and natural surroundings.

Do I need a permit for parking a park camper van in London?

No, you do not need a permit to park a park camper van in London. However, there are certain restrictions and regulations that must be followed, such as the 24-hour time limit and designated parking areas. It is important to check the specific rules for the area you plan to park in.

Is it safe to park a park camper van in London?

Overall, it is safe to park a park camper van in London. However, as with any city, it is important to take precautions to protect your belongings. Make sure to lock your vehicle and keep valuables out of sight. It is also recommended to park in well-lit areas and avoid leaving your vehicle unattended for long periods of time.

Are there any additional fees or charges for parking a park camper van in London?

No, there are no additional fees or charges for parking a park camper van in London. However, if you choose to park in a paid parking area, there will be a fee. It is important to check the signage and regulations for each specific area to avoid any unexpected charges.