Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Part Search

  1. Jun 15, 2011 #1
    Hey, I took some photos of this part and they should be visible below or you'll need to click the attachments. But my question is as follows: I have no idea what to call this. I contacted Digi-Key and tried to describe it to them but to no avail. Notice, the pins are in 2x5 formation and they are alternating. They are not perpendicular/parallel (whichever way you like to describe it). Please help me identify this part or at least know what to call it. Thank you.

    Attached Files:

    • Top.JPG
      File size:
      32.3 KB
    • End.JPG
      File size:
      11.2 KB
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 15, 2011 #2


    User Avatar

    Staff: Mentor

    Where did you get it? Where is it from?
  4. Jun 15, 2011 #3
    This is apart of a JTAGICE-mkII. Because of its structure, I assumed it would sold separately as well.
  5. Jun 15, 2011 #4


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor

    It's a surface mount female pin header (or receptacle). Find the pin pitch (the spacing, centre to centre, of the pits) and the spacing of the pins that connect to the PCB itself.

    It's hard to tell, but common spacing (of the female receptacles) is 0.100", but I've seen metric and smaller/larger sizes also. 3M, Hirose, Samtef and others should have something pretty close. If all else fails, you can solder wires directly to the pads on the PCB, and run them to the appropriate connector on the other side (or just stripped wires if you're doing breadboard work)
  6. Jun 16, 2011 #5
    Awesome, thank you for your help.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook