Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Part-time Mech/Research Jobs

1. Aug 17, 2007 #1
    Hi again (this is my second post in a very short period),

I don't quite know if I like working full-time as an engineer/researcher, and was curious about what my options are for part-time work as a researcher/mechanical engineer. I'm guessing that, for research, there probably isn't anything, but hope springs eternal.

Thank you for your time and thought.
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 20, 2007 #2
    Mechanical engineering deals a lot with structures and/or heat-related things. It's not simply something you can pick up easily...

With regards to reserach, there are always new breakthroughs with regards to stresses/strains of materials---one of my professors in college studied how rabbit livers would change while undergoing vast temperature changes---this was to study the effects of freezing on living tissue. Freezing is also a method of destroying cancerous tumors & so forth.

You must research what you love, or love what you research.... If not, you'll be bored. Period.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?