1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Part-time Mech/Research Jobs

1. Aug 17, 2007 #1
    Hi again (this is my second post in a very short period),

I don't quite know if I like working full-time as an engineer/researcher, and was curious about what my options are for part-time work as a researcher/mechanical engineer. I'm guessing that, for research, there probably isn't anything, but hope springs eternal.

Thank you for your time and thought.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 20, 2007 #2
    Mechanical engineering deals a lot with structures and/or heat-related things. It's not simply something you can pick up easily...

With regards to reserach, there are always new breakthroughs with regards to stresses/strains of materials---one of my professors in college studied how rabbit livers would change while undergoing vast temperature changes---this was to study the effects of freezing on living tissue. Freezing is also a method of destroying cancerous tumors & so forth.

You must research what you love, or love what you research.... If not, you'll be bored. Period.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?