1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Part Time UC Berkeley Vs. UC Davis Physics

1. Apr 30, 2012 #1
    I was accepted to both UC Berkeley and UC Davis physics as a junior level transfer student with full scholarship to both schools. I will be accepting one of these schools offers as a part time student because I will be working 30 hours a week (I have a great job + stock options and I am not willing and can't afford to part with it while going to school). I am leaning towards Davis right now because my fiance will be going there too and we will be living together near Napa. I am also worried that Berkeley physics will be a bit more difficult than Davis and will be too hard to manage while working. However, I still can't get over the prestige factor of Berkeley and would be proud to have a degree from there. Are these legitimate worries? Does prestige really matter that much between these two schools? Is there any other reason I should choose Berkeley over Davis?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted