Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Partial derivative equation problem please help

1. Jun 15, 2010 #1
    well i have been trying to solve this equation and i just can't...
    the solution is given and it's at the second pdf file but i can't understand the procedure can somebody please help?
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 15, 2010 #2
    Have you done any calculations at all yet as an attempt? What do you think you should do? :smile:

Hint: Think about what you know about partial derivatives, and also how you could get those equations into the forms required to help obtain the answers. :wink:

4. Jun 16, 2010 #3
    well i initially thought about integration...but really i have no clue about it since i haven't be teached yet how to solve nonlinear differential equations(at least that's what I think this equation is,correct me if i'm wrong)

5. Jun 16, 2010 #4

HallsofIvy

Science Advisor

No, that is not a non-linear partial differential equation. Why would you think it is non-linear?

6. Jun 17, 2010 #5
    ok so it's a linear partial differential equation...i'll try some ways out and if I still can't solve it i'll let you know:)

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook