1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Particle Collider Universe

1. Feb 9, 2009 #1
    Now, this is my first post here, and i'm just a junior in high school studying basic physics, so if this has already been posted, i apologize. But, today, in my physics class, i got to thinking about the particle collider at CERN, and the miniature "Big Bang" they created. So theoretically they are creating a minature universe. Which led me to think, why couldn't our universe been created by a similar collider? It would explain alot of thing, i.e. the universe continiously expanding outward and would even coincide with the "Big Bang" theory. I also know time is relative to the speed we're moving, so for the fraction of a second the mini-universe we create lasts could seem like an eternity to that universe. My knowledge of physics is to basic to do these calculations, but i really can't think of a reason this theory could not be plausible. What do you all think?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted