1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Particle physics

1. Sep 9, 2010 #1
    I've recently finished a course using Griffiths' Intro to Elementary Particles. I'm interested in the subject, but what would you recommend for reading after that? I'm not planning to pursue particle physics or theoretical physics. I've considered Quantum Field Theory in a Nutshell by Zee. I don't want any rigorous treatment of QFT. Other ideas are maybe a text on experimental techniques or results or expectations of experiments.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 9, 2010 #2

Landau

Science Advisor

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  4. Sep 9, 2010 #3
    The reviews on Amazon are disturbingly bad. Are they exaggerating?

5. Sep 9, 2010 #4

Landau

Science Advisor

I think they are exaggerating, and it depends on what you are expecting. It seems like many reviewers were required to buy this text for a theoretical course and it turned out to be not so useful. The review by "Eugene" is spot-on:
    But I have to admit I haven't thoroughly read the book myself, perhaps you should take a look with Google's preview.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook