Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Particle scattering in LQG

1. Apr 1, 2005 #1

Gold Member

Particle scattering in loop quantum gravity
    Leonardo Modesto and Carlo Rovelli
    Centre de Physique Th´eorique de Luminy, Universit´e de la M´editerran´ee, F-13288 Marseille, EU
    (February 9, 2005)
    We devise a technique for defining and computing n-point functions in the context of a background-
    independent gravitational quantum field theory. We construct a tentative implementation of this technique in a perturbatively-finite loop/spinfoam model.
    Came across this by accident, its way over my head, but i guess if you
    have not already read it imay be of interest.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 1, 2005 #2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award
    Dearly Missed

I am glad you spotted this. I hadnt noted it so I just now added it to the collection of LQG links. the abstract page is

it is always good to keep track of what Rovelli is doing, he tends to go at the heart of problems, so even if he has not yet gotten conclusive results a short paper like this can show us what he thinks is a hard place or a "sticking place" that needs concerted effort

Modesto is a postdoc who I think was doing string theory until a couple of years ago and then moved from Torino to Marseille and took up doing quantum gravity. He wrote something about eliminating the black hole singularity last year.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?