Partying in a Nuclear Submarine: An Unconventional Celebration

In summary, the speakers are discussing using Cockney rhyming slang, which is underused nowadays. They plan on going to a Moriarty (party) on a nuclear sub and then having a curry (ruby murray). They mention various rhyming phrases such as "pillar and post" (toast) and "trouble and strife" (wife). The speaker from the UK explains that the phrases should rhyme with the words they replace and can be figured out easily. They also joke about not understanding the slang and struggling to come up with their own phrases. The conversation ends with a mention of finding someone a "stoke on trent cherry hog" (job) and playing with their "three yard brick" (trick).
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Hey me china plates, want to come to a moriarty down the nuclear sub ?
i will be your pillar and post, the first tiddley winks are on me, bring you
trouble and strife and your bricks and mortars and plenty of bread and
honey then we can all get tom and jerry, after the moriarty we can all
have a ruby murray. :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Cockney rhyming slang is greatly underused nowadays. I certainly won't pass up a pint and a curry :biggrin:

matthyaouw said:
Cockney rhyming slang is greatly underused nowadays. I certainly won't pass up a pint and a curry :biggrin:

Oh, and by the way, if you get oliver twist i will call you a smash and grab, don't
forget they are all no laugh and joking now.
when you get pope in rome go straight to uncle ted and have a bo peep, i hope
you have a clear loaf of bread in the morning. :biggrin:

OH, I get it. They rhyme! :rofl: Sorry, frog pond moment. Can you just make them up, or do you have to follow some kind of peaches and cream?

honestrosewater said:
OH, I get it. They rhyme! :rofl: Sorry, frog pond moment. Can you just make them up, or do you have to follow some kind of peaches and cream?

No you can't just make them up, else no one would know what you are talking
about :biggrin:

I am a ginger beer all toblerone, i am searching for a treacle tart, she doesn't
have to be pease in pot or magic wand but must have a nice chevy chase and
like a bubble bath and rum and coke.
Nice nut megs would be cool and big east and wests, in the fullness of time
we may end up in uncle ted, boy i will rattle her tom jones :biggrin:

I am really not following the rhyme here. I feel it, but I am messing up on something.

wolram is from the uk, and he's trying to rhyme, I guess he doesn't know that its not his time. I have no clue how to pronounce his words, so like George bush I'll flip him the bird. ..|.. :smile:

The phrases rhyme with the words that they replace. 'magic wand' = 'blonde'; 'nut megs' = 'legs'; 'big east and wests' = 'breasts'. And so on. Well, that's what I think they mean. You can look them up, but they seem pretty easy to figure out.

honestrosewater said:
The phrases rhyme with the words that they replace. 'magic wand' = 'blonde'; 'nut megs' = 'legs'; 'big east and wests' = 'breasts'. And so on. Well, that's what I think they mean. You can look them up, but they seem pretty easy to figure out.

H R W Wicked kingdom come is correct, only a few take a bit of thinking about.
:biggrin:

Is there some trick to picking the best words? Yours all have a catchy rhythm to them, but the ones I think of are all nodders and winkers. :frown: Maybe I just don't have it in me Noah's Flood.

wolram said:
Hey me china plates, want to come to a moriarty down the nuclear sub ?
i will be your pillar and post,
That's fine with me
the first tiddley winks are on me,
I can accept that.
bring you... plenty of bread and honey
To come without honey??
Who could be so pathetic guests??

then we can all get tom and jerry,
How fun!
How many are coming now?

arildno said:
How many are coming now?
Clive and his cousin.

honestrosewater said:
Is there some trick to picking the best words? Yours all have a catchy rhythm to them, but the ones I think of are all nodders and winkers. :frown: Maybe I just don't have it in me Noah's Flood.

What a load of jackson pollocks, a twist and twirl like you should have a
scooby do, what with all that stuff in your loaf of bread, if i am any
barnaby rudge you will have it all sorted in no time. :biggrin:

honestrosewater said:
Clive and his cousin.

There will be loads of lemon curds, my man hole cover and didn't oughta
and any of you fridge freezers.

wolram said:
..my man hole cover...
Shouldn't it be "my man hole cowers.."? :confused:

arildno said:
Shouldn't it be "my man hole cowers.."? :confused:

You great bale off hay, i will find you a stoke on trent cherry hog and you can
play with his three card trick.

LMAO! oh my, I finally understood one!

look at that barnet on your loaf. you'll be in barney rubble when the trouble and strife gets down the apples and pairs.

wolram said:
You great bale off hay, i will find you a stoke on trent cherry hog and you can
play with his three card trick.
Please! Such language in front of the dustbin lids! :eek: :redface:

A cherry hog?
I can play with his three yard brick?

Oh dear..

Math Is Hard said:
Please! Such language in front of the dustbin lids! :eek: :redface:
Sorry MIH,
:blushing: :blushing:

1. What safety measures are in place for a party in a nuclear submarine?

Parties in nuclear submarines are extremely regulated and monitored to ensure the safety of all individuals on board. The submarine is equipped with advanced technology to detect any potential hazards, and there are strict protocols in place for emergency situations. Additionally, all crew members are extensively trained in emergency procedures.

2. Is it safe to have a party in a nuclear submarine?

Yes, as long as all safety protocols and regulations are followed, it is safe to have a party in a nuclear submarine. The submarine is designed to withstand extreme conditions and is equipped with advanced safety features to ensure the well-being of all individuals on board.

3. Can the radiation from the nuclear reactor affect the partygoers?

No, the nuclear reactor is located in a separate compartment and is shielded to prevent any radiation leakage. The party area is located far enough from the reactor to ensure that there is no exposure to radiation.

4. How is waste disposal handled on a nuclear submarine party?

Waste disposal on a nuclear submarine is carefully managed and follows strict protocols to prevent any environmental contamination. All waste is stored and disposed of properly once the submarine returns to port.

5. Are there any limitations on the type of activities that can be done at a party in a nuclear submarine?

Yes, there are limitations on certain activities due to safety and security concerns. For example, open flames and smoking are prohibited, and all guests must follow strict guidelines for moving around the submarine to prevent any accidents or damage to equipment.

Back