Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Party, party, party

1. Aug 12, 2005 #1

GCT

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

party, party, party!!!!

How many of you still party, and I mean party hard? Or perhaps some of you have started to move towards the more "mellow" scene (drinking coffee, talking with friends, watching a movie).

I was in the honors dorm, and most of us didn't party until after a few months, played video games with each other, basketball, pretty well knit relative to other floors...later on....partied hard, (I was in Iowa back then-2nd highest binge drinking rate, although the school has a excellent medical school as well as other academic credentials).

Now that I'm in my last year of undergrad, I've sort of tuned out, I think I'm growing old. I prefer to spend more "quality" time. I'm currently 23 years old (been switching around majors) and some would say that this is too early to mature in any sense

Last edited: Aug 12, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 12, 2005 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I still party hard, just not very often. Unfortunately, many of my friends have started to "mellow" as you put it. Kids put a real damper on social lives. So, I just need to find some new, single, or at least childless, friends.

4. Aug 12, 2005 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I never partied much. :zzz:

5. Aug 12, 2005 #4

honestrosewater

Gold Member

I don't party anymore; It seems like a waste of time now. But I think it's one of the best ways to break the ice and bond with new acquaintances, like coworkers, roomates, etc.

6. Aug 12, 2005 #5

JamesU

Gold Member

the best way to make an acquaintance is to dance like an idiot and make yourself look stupid?

7. Aug 12, 2005 #6

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

I have some younger, female friends who, shall we say, challenge me. And being that it's summer and they are teachers, they are extra challenging these days....

8. Aug 12, 2005 #7

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Not making acquaintances (though it does help with this too), but bonding with new people who'll be spending lots of time together. I've found that everyone getting drunk and acting stupid works.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2005
  9. Aug 12, 2005 #8
    Never get invited to parties :rolleyes: :frown:.

Edit: weird vB smiley code, grr :/.

10. Aug 12, 2005 #9
    If you consider hanging out at PF a party, then yeah I party all the time! If you mean hanging out with physical people, a few kegs, etc, then no I do not party.

11. Aug 12, 2005 #10
    I've never been invited to a party, and I don't think I want to go to one, every Monday at school I hear about how drunk people got :yuck:

12. Aug 12, 2005 #11

wolram

Gold Member

Oh you sleepy lot, get out and party you do not have to drink
    lots :rolleyes: and near the end of the night, morning, when getting to the
    smoochy dancing, is when you get to know each other better :devil:

13. Aug 12, 2005 #12

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hooray for partying!

21 and still going strong. The party I went to the other night ended in Crunchy Nut Cornflakes being spilt all over the trampoline, a phone being twatted down the garden with a cricket bat, and a Finnish chick hugging the toilet for a few hours. Yay!

14. Aug 12, 2005 #13
    She inherited that spot from me.

15. Aug 13, 2005 #14
    i never did much of that when i was in school, but since i graduated i've been hanging out with some guys who have been hardcore partyers since we were in high school. it's always good to hang out with them for a change, they can teach me a lot. a few weeks ago i wok up with gum in my mouth & i had no idea how it got there. i guess i'm lucky i didn't choke while i was sleeping.

16. Aug 13, 2005 #15

honestrosewater

Gold Member

I've had that same problem... only it wasn't gum. :wink:

17. Aug 13, 2005 #16

wolram

Gold Member

We used to have an old farm house to party in, so we could make as much noise
    as we wanted, and guests could show off their skills on two wheels, it all ways
    amazed me what was left after the party, apart from bottles and cans.

18. Aug 13, 2005 #17
    Fools rush in...What was it, HRW?

19. Aug 13, 2005 #18

honestrosewater

Gold Member

I'm not sure if you're referring to the content of my post or my decision to post it. I guess either way, I'm no o:)

20. Aug 13, 2005 #19
    I am the fool refered to, foolish enough to ask what it was you woke up with in your mouth.

21. Aug 13, 2005 #20

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Oh, silly me. Well, since I've already ruined the joke, I may as well admit that I was just kidding.

Shucks, okay, I hate to disappoint...

Let's just say he's lucky I didn't choke while I was sleeping. :eek:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?