Pascal Converter for Generating Morse Code From Keyboard Keys

In summary, the conversation discusses a project involving converting keyboard keys to Morse code using a PASCAL converter program. The speaker suggests using TurboPascal6 to directly write to the printerport and provides examples of procedures for different keys in Morse code. They also wish the person luck with their project.
aminayousuf
hello evryone ..
can somebody help me with a PASCAL coverter prog for converting keyboard keys to correspondig morse code values!
i noe of no languages other than c and c++ .this is actually an electronic project i#m making and its based on ic 555 timer that upon clicking on keyboard keys generate the respective morse value sound pulses and transmits using F.M

Technology news on Phys.org
Why can you not do it in C? Is it homework?

Hello

i read your Question but i have no idea how you want to do this exactly but its
an interesting Problem. There are some ways it seems and one is maybe you
send to the printerport the State of the key because you have much output
lines for doing this ... 8 Data and others for control ..but at least you need only
one for the trigger output .. the signal

the old dos will be the best for it with the old good TurboPascal6 *gg

i don't know anything about morse codes except they are like this: .--...-..--...----..-.-

but how to put this to the line to the NE555,

in TurobPascal you are able to write directly to the Printerport so you can
set the Printer Data Pin1 to 1 or 0 and that's all you need .. the other is that you
have to programm the timersequenze for each key like a collection of 1 and 0
schematically like this routine
the first routine should for the point

procedure point
begin
port[$375]:=$FF;
delay(5);
port[$375]:=$0;
delay(10);
End;

then the procedure for the line

procedure Line
begin
port[$375]:=$FF;
delay(10); ;<------ here the Difference *gg
port[$375]:=$0;
delay(10);
End;

and now you can macke Procedures for the Keys

Procedure A
Begin
point;
Point;
Line;
Point;
Line;
Delay(20);
End;

Procedure B
Begin
Line;
Point;
Point;
Line;
Line;
LIne;
Delay(20);
End;

and so on

so you have Procedures for each Key or Text you can translate to morse-code

:-D

Good luck for your project

bye bye

1. What is a Pascal Converter for Generating Morse Code From Keyboard Keys?

A Pascal Converter for Generating Morse Code From Keyboard Keys is a software program or tool that converts text typed on a keyboard into Morse code, using the Pascal programming language. This allows users to easily generate Morse code messages using standard keyboard keys.

2. How does a Pascal Converter for Generating Morse Code From Keyboard Keys work?

A Pascal Converter for Generating Morse Code From Keyboard Keys uses a series of conditional statements and loops to translate each letter or character typed on a keyboard into its equivalent Morse code pattern. The program then outputs the translated message in Morse code.

3. What are the benefits of using a Pascal Converter for Generating Morse Code From Keyboard Keys?

Using a Pascal Converter for Generating Morse Code From Keyboard Keys can save time and effort when creating Morse code messages, as it eliminates the need to manually translate each letter or character into Morse code. It also reduces the chance of errors in the translation process.

4. Can a Pascal Converter for Generating Morse Code From Keyboard Keys be customized?

Yes, a Pascal Converter for Generating Morse Code From Keyboard Keys can be customized to suit the user's needs. This may include choosing a specific Morse code version (such as American Morse code or International Morse code), adjusting the speed of the output, or adding additional features.

5. Are there any limitations to using a Pascal Converter for Generating Morse Code From Keyboard Keys?

One limitation of using a Pascal Converter for Generating Morse Code From Keyboard Keys is that the user must have some knowledge of the Pascal programming language in order to make changes or customize the program. Additionally, the program may not be able to accurately translate non-standard characters or symbols that are not found on a standard keyboard.

Back