1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Passive and Active filters?

1. Nov 4, 2017 #1
    • New poster has been reminded to use the Homework Help Template when posting schoolwork questions, and to post only one question per thread.
    For my lab I need to explain why my ideal values are different compared to my experimental values. besides things like resistor and capacitor tolerances, what would cause a slightly different output?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 4, 2017 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Can you give us more details about your lab? All we know right now is that you're working with an electrical circuit that includes resistors and capacitors. We don't even know what you measured or how far off from ideal your numbers were.

4. Nov 5, 2017 #3

CWatters

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Input and output impedance?

5. Nov 5, 2017 #4

LvW

In case of active filters the used active device (transistor, opamp,...) can introduce additional deviations from the ideal response.
    This will happen if the limited non-ideal frequency characteristics of the device (frequecy-dependent gain) does not allow the envisaged filter characteristics (Quality factor, bandwidth).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted