Recover Forgotten Password - Username & Email

• Thread starter ARAVIND113122
  • Start date
In summary, to recover a forgotten password, click on the "forgot password" link on the login page and enter your email or username associated with your account. A password reset link will be sent to your email to reset your password. If you have forgotten your username, click on the "forgot username" link and enter your email to receive your username. Unfortunately, without your email or username, it is not possible to recover your password. The password reset email is typically sent within a few minutes, but it may take longer. It is not recommended to use an old password after resetting it for security purposes. Make sure to create a strong and unique password following the provided requirements.
ARAVIND113122
Although my computer remembers my password,I myself have forgotten it.How do i recover my password??[I know my username and have my e-mail account]

Physics news on Phys.org
Password recovery is not possible, however you can reset your password. You should be able to do this by trying to log in and if it fails clicking the "forgotten password" link.

1. How do I recover my forgotten password?

To recover a forgotten password, you will need to click on the "forgot password" link on the login page. This will prompt you to enter your email or username associated with your account. Once you have entered this information, a password reset link will be sent to your email. Follow the instructions in the email to reset your password.

2. What if I have forgotten my username?

If you have forgotten your username, you can click on the "forgot username" link on the login page. This will prompt you to enter your email. Once you have entered your email, your username will be sent to that email address.

3. Can I recover my forgotten password without my email or username?

Unfortunately, without your email or username, it is not possible to recover your forgotten password. These are necessary pieces of information to verify your identity and ensure the security of your account.

4. How long does it take to receive the password reset email?

Typically, the password reset email is sent within a few minutes of submitting your username or email. However, it may take longer depending on your email provider and internet connection. If you do not receive the email within an hour, be sure to check your spam or junk folder.

5. Can I use an old password after resetting it?

No, for security purposes, it is not recommended to use an old password after resetting it. It is important to create a strong and unique password to protect your account. Make sure to follow the password requirements provided during the password reset process.