Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

News Pat Robertsom Wannabe.

1. Sep 10, 2005 #1
    Meet Richard H. Baker. He's spent the 20 years of his life in Washton DC representing the good people of Louisiana . Now, Mr. Baker seems to have a problem. It seems the liberal media overheard him saying:
    However, Mr. Baker's side of the story is a little different. He says he was misquoted---Like good'ol pat---and his statement went more like this:

The corrected statement isn't much better IMHO. This has the surprising smack of the Pat Robertson debachle from a few weeks past. Ya'll remember that where the liberal media was working to torpedo poor poor Pat through no fault of his own?

Anywho, what do ya'll think?

Oh, and a link for those who want to read the WaPo article for yourselves.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/09/AR2005090901930.html

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 10, 2005 #2
    I think it's a weird mentality indeed that embraces a God who sends a cat 4/5 hurricane because He got tired of waiting for local officials to clean up public housing.

What is *with* this religious segment?

4. Sep 10, 2005 #3
    Another "religious compassionate conservative".

5. Sep 10, 2005 #4
    I have also heard mention of a statement from Barbara Bush (Gee Dub's mommy) saying that the conditions provided the evacuees wasn't that bad because "They don't have anything anyway"

6. Sep 10, 2005 #5

SOS2008

Gold Member

I have disagreed that the disaster has been used as a psyops. However, if there are those who are thinking happily how the natural tragedy is eliminating poor people who are a drain on government resources, I would not be at all surprised. And if so, I gather they are feeling some disappointment that the death toll is not likely to be as high as originally projected, and worse yet, now these poor people are displaced--some in their own neighborhoods. Hmm...maybe God does work in mysterious ways.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2005
  7. Sep 11, 2005 #6
    Yes, here's a source for you:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/06/katrina.presidents.ap/

8. Sep 11, 2005 #7
    Then again.. maybe george did it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook