Pat Robertson predicts disaster

• News
  • Thread starter Apost8
  • Start date
In summary, Pat Robertson claims that God told him that the January 1st, 2008 attack on the U.S. would not happen, and that prayer can prevent it. He also said that he missed out on buying an oil refinery due to the energy crisis. He is wrong, as usual, and his followers may believe him because they have faith in him.
Apost8
Apparently, god told him so. http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/02/robertson.predictions.ap/index.html" [Broken]

We're so lucky to have an oracle in Pat Robertson. I know I'll definitely be buying property in Montana, digging a fallout shelter, and stocking up on canned goods :rolleyes: :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Is this supposed to be before or after the disaster that http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/11/11/ap/national/mainD8DPVRQ84.shtml [Broken]?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pat is nuttier than a pack of cashews. Remember when he claimed God gave him the strength to leg lift 2000 pounds!

commence to jigglin'

How he will respond if on Jan 1st, 2008 in that case it turns out that his God evidently lied to him? :rofl:

Apost8 said:
Apparently, god told him so.

No I didn't! :grumpy:

G-d

The problem with this rubbish is that with enough followers in high places this could become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Garth

Greg Bernhardt said:
Pat is nuttier than a pack of cashews. Remember when he claimed God gave him the strength to leg lift 2000 pounds!

Turned out that it was just Archimedes.

God: Pat, I'm just keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeediiing! :biggrin:

This part's my favorite:

"I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss."

Well...that certainly inspires confidence... :smile:

I thought the OT says that Christian mobs should stone the false prophets? Well, get to it!

Archon said:
This part's my favorite:

"I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss."

He missed when he bought an oil refinery in California during the energy crisis, then couldn't get it approved for operation.:rolleyes:

MeJennifer said:
How he will respond if on Jan 1st, 2008 in that case it turns out that his God evidently lied to him? :rofl:

To quote a comment from the http://www.badastronomy.com/bablog/2007/01/03/its-pat/

I just watched some of the footage from the 700 club.

After Pat got through summarizing the revelation God bestowed upon him, he went on to say that he sincerely hopes that this tragedy does not happen. He also said that prayer can hopefully stop this attack from occurring.

So, if the attack does not occur, Pat can say that it was the prayers of the faithful that swayed God’s favor, thus avoiding the calamity.

And don’t you know… some of the believers will cite the lack of an attack as an example of the power of prayer. Scary.
:grumpy:

Archon said:
This part's my favorite:

what's sad is that it actually does to some people

How do these people know it is god speaking and not an alien in a UFO with advanced technology beaming these thoughts into their mind? Surely it is possible that there are aliens out there that enjoy roaming around the universe pulling practical jokes on lesser life forms.

Last edited:
Pat is wrong - again - as usual.

So, if the attack does not occur, Pat can say that it was the prayers of the faithful that swayed God’s favor, thus avoiding the calamity.
This is what happened to Jonah. Ninevah repented, and Jonah was made to look a fool. Oh well, that's prophesy biz.

1. What did Pat Robertson predict about disaster?

Pat Robertson, a Christian televangelist and former Republican presidential candidate, has made numerous predictions about disasters over the years. Some of his most notable predictions include the 9/11 attacks, Hurricane Katrina, and the earthquake in Haiti.

2. How accurate are Pat Robertson's predictions?

There is no scientific evidence to support the accuracy of Pat Robertson's predictions. Many of his predictions have not come true or have been proven to be false. Additionally, his predictions often rely on religious beliefs rather than scientific data.

3. Why does Pat Robertson make predictions about disasters?

As a Christian televangelist, Pat Robertson believes that disasters and other events are signs of God's will and the end times. He often uses his platform to share his interpretations of biblical prophecies and warn people about potential disasters.

4. How does Pat Robertson's predictions impact society?

Pat Robertson's predictions have been met with controversy and criticism. While some people may take his predictions seriously and make preparations, others dismiss them as fear-mongering. Additionally, his predictions can cause panic and confusion among the general public.

5. Is there any scientific basis for Pat Robertson's predictions?

No, there is no scientific evidence to support Pat Robertson's predictions about disasters. The study of disasters and their prevention is a complex and constantly evolving field, and it is not possible to accurately predict specific events with any certainty. It is important to rely on scientific data and expert opinions when preparing for potential disasters.