News Pat Robertson predicts disaster

• Thread starter Apost8
  • Start date
Apparently, god told him so. http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/02/robertson.predictions.ap/index.html" [Broken]

We're so lucky to have an oracle in Pat Robertson. I know I'll definitely be buying property in Montana, digging a fallout shelter, and stocking up on canned goods :rolleyes: :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Is this supposed to be before or after the disaster that http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/11/11/ap/national/mainD8DPVRQ84.shtml [Broken]?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pat is nuttier than a pack of cashews. Remember when he claimed God gave him the strength to leg lift 2000 pounds!

commence to jigglin'

How he will respond if on Jan 1st, 2008 in that case it turns out that his God evidently lied to him? :rofl:

Garth

Science Advisor
Gold Member
Apparently, god told him so.
No I didn't! :grumpy:

G-d

The problem with this rubbish is that with enough followers in high places this could become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Garth

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Pat is nuttier than a pack of cashews. Remember when he claimed God gave him the strength to leg lift 2000 pounds!
Turned out that it was just Archimedes.

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
God: Pat, I'm just keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeediiing! :biggrin:

Archon

This part's my favorite:

"I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss."
Well...that certainly inspires confidence... :smile:

Rach3

I thought the OT says that Christian mobs should stone the false prophets? Well, get to it!

This part's my favorite:

"I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss."

He missed when he bought an oil refinery in California during the energy crisis, then couldn't get it approved for operation.:rolleyes:

How he will respond if on Jan 1st, 2008 in that case it turns out that his God evidently lied to him? :rofl:
To quote a comment from the BABlog

I just watched some of the footage from the 700 club.

After Pat got through summarizing the revelation God bestowed upon him, he went on to say that he sincerely hopes that this tragedy does not happen. He also said that prayer can hopefully stop this attack from occurring.

So, if the attack does not occur, Pat can say that it was the prayers of the faithful that swayed God’s favor, thus avoiding the calamity.

And don’t you know… some of the believers will cite the lack of an attack as an example of the power of prayer. Scary.
:grumpy:

JamesU

Gold Member
This part's my favorite:

what's sad is that it actually does to some people

How do these people know it is god speaking and not an alien in a UFO with advanced technology beaming these thoughts into their mind? Surely it is possible that there are aliens out there that enjoy roaming around the universe pulling practical jokes on lesser life forms.

Last edited:

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Pat is wrong - again - as usual.

So, if the attack does not occur, Pat can say that it was the prayers of the faithful that swayed God’s favor, thus avoiding the calamity.
This is what happened to Jonah. Ninevah repented, and Jonah was made to look a fool. Oh well, that's prophesy biz.