Path integrals

1. Can anyone suggest me a good reference for path integrals (QFT), apart from peskin.
  2. jcsd
  3. haushofer

haushofer 1,067
    Science Advisor

I liked the treatment of Zee :)
  4. Quantum Mechanics and Path Integrals: Emended Edition
    by Richard P. Feynman (Author), Albert R. Hibbs (Author), Daniel F. Styer (Editor)
  5. Zee's Quantum Field Theory in a Nutshell is a great book to start on path integrals and QFT in general. (I stopped counting how many times I read it).
  6. I watched Zee's lectures on QFT before buying the book and, to be honest, I wasn't too impressed. So I didn't buy the book because I didn't anticipate it being any better.
  7. ChrisVer

ChrisVer 2,403
    Gold Member

Well, that's not a place to say this, but... How can you judge a book from a 4 lecture/presentation on the topic by the author to a divergent audience??
  8. Thanks a lot everyone
  9. dextercioby

dextercioby 12,327
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Bailin and Love - Introduction to Gauge Field Theory. Does QFT only in path-integral formalism.
  10. I think that's probably a better way than just judging the book by it's cover, don't you think?

Or even a written review. I think that before the OP went out and bought Zee's book sight unseen, just on a simple recommendation from a post here, that having the resource of watching Zee lecture for several hours on the book's contents might give the OP an indication of whether the level of discourse was in the area he or she was comfortable with.
  11. micromass

micromass 20,039
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Not really. The book and the talk are very different.
  12. tom.stoer

tom.stoer 5,489
    Science Advisor

Does this book discuss non-perturbative methods, gauge fixing, Gribov ambiguities and all that?
  13. dextercioby

dextercioby 12,327
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  14. tom.stoer

tom.stoer 5,489
    Science Advisor

Thanks; I'll have a look at Nair's book (there's nothing really new, but it may be interesting to have it in textbook form)
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thead via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted