Pauli exclusion principle

• Thread starter Whitefire
  • Start date

Ken G

Gold Member
Dark lightning would appear to be an interesting phenomenon, but it probably does not involve quantum mechanics or the Pauli exclusion principle.

I've seen that question on here before a few times. It has come up relatively frequent. Interesting how everyone keeps coming to that conclusion! A good mathematical explanation is given at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identical_particles#Symmetrical_and_antisymmetrical_states.
Last year, I posted a nearly identical question., and I received the following reply
Both of these Wikipedia articles are very helpful and responsive to the questions. Thank you HeavyMetal and tom.stoer.

But neither wiki article points to the other, and neither is linked in the "See Also" section of the
PauliExclusion Principle wiki article. Also, neither title of the wiki articles suggests a relation to the question. Searching WIkipedia can be a nightmare.

My question is this: Can mentors offer laymen tips on searching Wikipedia to find answers to their own questions before posting to PF? Or can you point me to a PF thread discussing that question?

Apologies if this is off topic to the OP, but I hope it is a valid follow-up.