1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pc Cd-rom

1. Aug 23, 2005 #1

Tau

I have been browsing amazon.co.uk looking for suitable A level Maths software. But there are so many brands- Aircom, DK, Times, Idigicon.

Can anyone tell me a suitable A level Math Software that will enable me to 'fill in the gaps' in my weak areas?

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 24, 2005 #2

jim mcnamara

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Are you looking for tutorial help or something more like Matlab, Maple, or Octave?

4. Aug 24, 2005 #3

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What syllabus and exam board are you preparing for?

5. Aug 24, 2005 #4

Tau

I am studying for the university of Cambridge Advance Level (GCE A Levels)

The syllabus code is 9709 for A level Math and 9231 for A level Futher Math.

I am looking for a software that can act as my personal tutor- something that can help me understand all the topics covered by 9709 and 9231 so I can have the confidence to attempt the exams. Remember I am selfstudying- so I would like to have a software as through as possible.

I was searching amazon.co.uk and I saw a whole bunch of them- but their reviews werent encouraging. Some people said that the graphics and navigation was poor, others said that their syubject content was poor.

I am confused and desperate- whose product to purchase, which one will be the cheapest, which one will take all the complex topics and break it down simply so that not only I can understand and master all the mathematical subjects covered by these exams, I will be able to get a Grade A too?

Jeremy

6. Aug 25, 2005 #5

Tau

Thanks for the software suggestions guys
    You guys are the best

Last edited: Aug 25, 2005
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?