Pc Cd-rom

Tau

I have been browsing amazon.co.uk looking for suitable A level Maths software. But there are so many brands- Aircom, DK, Times, Idigicon.

Can anyone tell me a suitable A level Math Software that will enable me to 'fill in the gaps' in my weak areas?

Thanks

jim mcnamara

Mentor
Are you looking for tutorial help or something more like Matlab, Maple, or Octave?

brewnog

Science Advisor
Gold Member
What syllabus and exam board are you preparing for?

Tau

I am studying for the university of Cambridge Advance Level (GCE A Levels)

The syllabus code is 9709 for A level Math and 9231 for A level Futher Math.

I am looking for a software that can act as my personal tutor- something that can help me understand all the topics covered by 9709 and 9231 so I can have the confidence to attempt the exams. Remember I am selfstudying- so I would like to have a software as through as possible.

I was searching amazon.co.uk and I saw a whole bunch of them- but their reviews werent encouraging. Some people said that the graphics and navigation was poor, others said that their syubject content was poor.

I am confused and desperate- whose product to purchase, which one will be the cheapest, which one will take all the complex topics and break it down simply so that not only I can understand and master all the mathematical subjects covered by these exams, I will be able to get a Grade A too?

Jeremy

Tau

Thanks for the software suggestions guys
You guys are the best

Last edited:

The Physics Forums Way

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating