Finding an A Level Math Software to Suit Your Needs

In summary, the person is looking for a suitable A level Math software to help them fill in any gaps in their weak areas. They are self-studying for the University of Cambridge Advance Level exams, with syllabus codes 9709 for A level Math and 9231 for A level Further Math. They are looking for a comprehensive software that can act as a personal tutor and cover all topics in the exams. They have received suggestions from others but are still unsure which software to purchase.
Tau
I have been browsing amazon.com looking for suitable A level Maths software. But there are so many brands- Aircom, DK, Times, Idigicon.

Can anyone tell me a suitable A level Math Software that will enable me to 'fill in the gaps' in my weak areas?

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Are you looking for tutorial help or something more like Matlab, Maple, or Octave?

What syllabus and exam board are you preparing for?

I am studying for the university of Cambridge Advance Level (GCE A Levels)

The syllabus code is 9709 for A level Math and 9231 for A level Futher Math.

I am looking for a software that can act as my personal tutor- something that can help me understand all the topics covered by 9709 and 9231 so I can have the confidence to attempt the exams. Remember I am selfstudying- so I would like to have a software as through as possible.

I was searching amazon.com and I saw a whole bunch of them- but their reviews weren't encouraging. Some people said that the graphics and navigation was poor, others said that their syubject content was poor.

I am confused and desperate- whose product to purchase, which one will be the cheapest, which one will take all the complex topics and break it down simply so that not only I can understand and master all the mathematical subjects covered by these exams, I will be able to get a Grade A too?

Jeremy

Thanks for the software suggestions guys
You guys are the best

Last edited:

1. What features should I look for in an A Level Math software?

When searching for an A Level Math software, it is important to look for features that align with your specific needs and learning style. Some key features to consider are comprehensive coverage of topics, interactive and engaging visual aids, practice exercises and tests, and the ability to track progress and receive personalized feedback.

2. How do I know if a particular A Level Math software is reliable?

To ensure reliability, you can do some research on the software's developer and their track record. Look for reviews and ratings from other users, as well as endorsements from reputable institutions or organizations. You can also try out a demo or free trial version before committing to a purchase.

3. Can I use an A Level Math software for self-study or is it only suitable for classroom use?

Many A Level Math software programs are designed for both classroom and self-study purposes. However, it is important to check the software's features and compatibility with your learning style to determine if it is suitable for self-study. Some programs may also offer online resources and support to supplement your self-study.

4. Is there a specific A Level Math software that is recommended by educators?

There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question as different educators may have different preferences and recommendations. It is best to consult with your teacher or professor for their recommendation based on your specific needs and course requirements.

5. How often should I use an A Level Math software to see improvements in my understanding and grades?

The frequency of use will vary depending on individual learning styles and needs. However, it is generally recommended to use the software regularly, at least a few times a week, to see improvements in understanding and grades. Consistency and practice are key to success in math.