Should Piggy Banks Be Banned to Avoid Offending Muslims?

• Thread starter The Smoking Man
  • Start date
  • Tags
    pc
In summary, British banks are banning piggy banks because they may offend some Muslims. Muslims do not eat pork, so the banks are not offending them, but some conservatives are offended by the political correctness of the ban. This is a sensitive issue and the banks are just being courteous to their customers. This is a social phenomenon that has not infected Asia yet, thankfully.
Evo said:
I'm sorry, the visual that brings with it is just too funny. Sorry. :redface:
The Jews win all the time.

The Moslems have to stop for prayers too many times during the game.

The last game however, the Moslems formed a defensive wall and the Jews just stood in front of it wailing.

I've got a million of them ... but I'll stop now. (No sense risking censure:biggrin: )

Physics news on Phys.org
Oh bad...BAAAAD.

Ok, I'll be quiet, but I had some good ones. :grumpy:

Evo said:
Oh bad...BAAAAD.
Ok, I'll be quiet, but I had some good ones. :grumpy:
No please, by all means ... go ahead.

But if you post, you'll unleash the floodgates.:devil:

Hmmm ... Mixed metaphores now? Damn I'm slipping.

this is all part of the money changers plan to got extra money out of our households and into banks. Those sneaky, calculating bastards!

They know that the PPBSS (pink piggy bank savings system) is compromising their entire organization!

Moonbear said:
Who taught you that rule? I don't think any kind of meat is specifically discriminated against; you're not supposed to eat any meat during lent, though more modern teachings just make that Fridays.
It's not even banned on Fridays anymore. There's only a couple of 'black fast' days a year now; one's Good Friday and I forget the other.

How would piggy banks offered by a bank offend Moslems when they are conducting business at said bank and who are accepting and paying interest when interest is an offense against Islam according to the Quran? It would make more sense to cease offending them by immediately halting payment of interest before banning piggy banks!

I wonder if the banks care how many people they offend with this stupid display of "political correctness"...

Folks, please keep in mind that the topic here is Political Correctness, not questioning faith.

Last edited:
Moonbear said:
(they could always go with a bank shaped like broccoli for them ).
I don't know... broccoli bank just doesn't sound right to me :rofl:

Back