1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PDE self study

1. Jul 1, 2014 #1
    I am a meteorologist with Bachelor's Degrees in both Meteorology and Mathematics. I took an intro PDE course in college, but want to learn more. Can anyone suggest a book that would be a good book after only having an intro course?

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 2, 2014 #2
    I used the book of Walter Strauss for two of my PDE courses. It's a good book for a PDE I and PDE II course (so introduction a second course). The book of Evans is on my wish list because I like his writing style, as well as the book of Peter Olver. They cover all the basics. After that, it depends on what kind of PDE's you want to study: gas dynamics, fluid dynamics, quantum mechanics, nonlinear, chaotic, nondeterministic,...

4. Jul 2, 2014 #3
    Thanks!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted