Is Pengwuino aware of his tethering to Cyrus for the funniest member award?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, Pengwuino doesn't seem to know he has been tethered to Cyrus for the funniest member award, and he has a girlfriend. He is excited to find out that the winners have already been announced and is looking forward to the volcano challenge this year.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Pengwuino Lives!

I finally got an answer to my PM to him. He doesn't seem to know he's been tethered to Cyrus for the funniest member award. :bugeye:

Anyway, here's what he had to say.

"I've been so busy with school that i haven't been checking out the site much. Maybe ill get some time over winter but my girlfriends going to be around so ill probably be spending all sorts of time with her too. Hopefully ill find some time though! Woohoo! Hope the forum isn't blowing up without me. Oh well, back to doing homework! gah! "

Oh my. How do we tell him about the award? :redface:

He has girlfriend? Is that allowed?

Physics news on Phys.org
She'll dump him and he'll be back.

That's a real nice thing to say.

Ivan Seeking said:
Oh now, he meant that in a nice way.

Ivan Seeking said:

:rofl: But its true.

Pengwuino Lives!
That's overstating things a bit, isn't it? Since when has Pengwuino had a life?

cyrusabdollahi said:
:rofl: But its true.
WOOT! WOO-HOO! Look at that badge! Mr Co-funniest Member! :approve:

Now be funny, damn it. :grumpy:

Buy me crabcakes!

Gulp...eerrrrr help,...danger?

wow that is some Co- badge!

It's sure good to hear news from Pengwuino. I think he and I have both had a pretty intense Fall quarter. Thanks for passing on the message, Evo.

Girlfriend?! No way, he's not allowed to have any of those. :grumpy: :rofl:

Wow, what a spiffy new medal! I didn't realize the winners had already been announced! I better go check the list. :biggrin:

Get out of my thread yomamma

Has my penguin lost weight?

Pengwuino said:
Has my penguin lost weight?

:rofl: Must be from lugging that new badge around.

Ooh, we get to throw both you AND cyrus in the volcano this year! :biggrin:

So, the girlfriend confirms my theory that you and dduardo disappeared at the same time because it was penguin mating season. :approve: So, where's dduardo? Maybe he got really lucky and already has a clutch of eggs to sit on. :biggrin:

Ack! Pengwuino and dduardo mating? I shudder at the thought!

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
Ack! Pengwuino and dduardo mating? I shudder the thought!

I was talking with two people last week who used to work as keepers for penguins at area zoos, and learned that it's not just that zoo in Germany that has gay penguins...apparently it's pretty common, and they had several pairs of "life partners" in the local zoos too.

...:uhh: Oh, you probably didn't mean with each other. :biggrin: :rofl:

Huh, I assumed that it was just a German penguin cultural thing. :biggrin:

Pengwuino said:
Get out of my thread yomamma

Do I have to refer you to my signature every time you begin to whine?

Ivan Seeking said:
Huh, I assumed that it was just a German penguin cultural thing. :biggrin:
Nope. Penguins breed in crowded rookeries and so the males cannot afford to be aggressive to one another, and since the mates have to take turns incubating the egg while the other feeds, they are nurturing, too. Under such circumstances, it's not a stretch to see how a pair of males might bond, especially if they can "adopt" an egg. There is a children's book about such behavior that has right-wing nuts' panties in a bunch.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15764474/

Pengwuino and dduardo, you just do what you want. :biggrin:

Last edited:

1. How did Pengwuino become aware of his tethering to Cyrus for the funniest member award?

Pengwuino became aware of the tethering through a notification or announcement from the award committee or from fellow members of the group.

2. Is Pengwuino actively trying to win the funniest member award?

It is unclear if Pengwuino is actively trying to win the award. Some may argue that his humorous behavior is natural and not a deliberate attempt to win the award.

3. Has Pengwuino won the funniest member award before?

It is possible that Pengwuino has won the award in the past, but without specific information or records, it is difficult to determine for sure.

4. How do others in the group react to Pengwuino's tethering to Cyrus for the funniest member award?

The reactions of others in the group may vary. Some may find it funny and enjoy the friendly competition, while others may not take it seriously or may find it annoying.

5. Is there any evidence to suggest that Pengwuino is not aware of his tethering to Cyrus for the funniest member award?

Without knowing Pengwuino personally, it is difficult to say for sure. However, if he continues to participate in the competition and acknowledge Cyrus as his competitor, it is likely that he is aware of the tethering.