Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pengwuino's been kidnapped!

1. Dec 23, 2005 #1

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I think we need to round up some ransom money to get Pengwuino back. His contributions to the forum have been too valuable to lose.

I'll chip in a nickel. :biggrin:

Search for Pengwuino takes ominous turn

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 23, 2005 #2

Aether

Gold Member

...to offer as a reward for the safe return of the 9-pound South African jackass penguin...

Looks like Pengwuino, but doesn't sound like Pengwuino...

4. Dec 23, 2005 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I hadn't noticed the resemblance before, but sure enough, according to the article, Toga is a jackass penguin. :biggrin:

Poor little penguin. I'd be worried the chances are even slimmer if he's been released into the river rather than being kept by someone, since now he'll have to expend more energy swimming and keeping warm, etc. :frown: They've been covering it on the news here even. The zoo even was willing to take him back "no questions asked" the first night, just hoping to get him back while still healthy.

5. Dec 23, 2005 #4
    Looks like everything is going as planned :smile:

6. Dec 23, 2005 #5
    Who would do such a thing? :grumpy: (the real penguin thief I mean). I hope next time he tries to steal a polar bear instead. And it eats him.

7. Dec 23, 2005 #6

cronxeh

Gold Member

Toga! Toga! Toga!

I can almost imagine the penguin fights going on in the basement with hot women tending the beer :rolleyes:

8. Dec 23, 2005 #7

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I fear for Pengwuino's health. The kidnappers may not be familiar with the particular requirements for jackass pengwuin health:

It's hard to figure out where the kidnappers might be hiding him, but .... "Mr. Popper hired a serviceman to drill air holes in the refrigerator door." That sounds pretty suspicious to me.

9. Dec 23, 2005 #8

Lisa!

Gold Member

In their stomach?:uhh: Perhaps they're going to eat them instead of turkeys!:cry:

10. Dec 23, 2005 #9

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Speaking of which, did you folks hear the joke about the Pope, the 7 dwarves and the penguin? Pretty funny. I read it in the off-topic forum of my motocross forum site (thumpertalk.com).... :lol: Sorry to hear about Penguino and the dung. Yuck.

11. Dec 23, 2005 #10

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

he he he. That's a good one.

Attached Files:

12. Dec 23, 2005 #11

Evo

Staff: Mentor

This is really upsetting, the penguin is a baby that has to be fed by it's parents that place the food directly into its throat. It is unable to feed by itself. They think someone dumped the baby into the river where it will slowly starve to death. :cry:

Attached Files:

13. Dec 24, 2005 #12
    Terroist kinnaped him!The British Royal navy won't be enogh,Call the U.S. Navy SEALS U.S. Army rangers and a squdron of F-16's and put SAC(the guy's who inchage of the Nuclear bombs) on Alert we have to find him before it's to late!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?