1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Penrose Lecture

1. Aug 19, 2007 #1
    Greetings,

In one of these threads, somebody commenting on the original thread provided a link to a Penrose lecture.

I now cannot find which thread it was in.

I'm also not sure - it was either in Genral Relativity or Cosmology threads.

Does this ring a bell with anybody.

What I'm looking for is the web address that has this lecture.

I recall clicking on the web link and it started with what looked like a dry erase board full of notes.

Thanks
    -Sparky_

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 19, 2007 #2

marcus

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Ive several times recommended a lecture he gave November 2005 at Cambridge, which is online

http://www.newton.cam.ac.uk/webseminars/pg+ws/2005/gmr/gmrw04/1107/penrose/

it does look like a "white board" with handrawn diagrams with colored marker

if you click and wait a few seconds he will begin talking and the slides will change in synch with his talk
    (this is a good format)

they are actually Penrose transparencies, I saw him give the same talk in Berkeley in 2006 with the same transparencies (even though they look like drawn on a whiteboard.

maybe this is what you were remembering, Sparky. I learned of the Cambridge online version from Alejandro Rivero.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  4. Aug 21, 2007 #3
    Marcus - This is the one I was looking for!

Thanks so much

Also thank you - Turbo -1 , George Jones!

You have given me more to look at and study. - good stuff.

Thanks again

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?