Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Penrose Lecture

1. Aug 19, 2007 #1

In one of these threads, somebody commenting on the original thread provided a link to a Penrose lecture.

I now cannot find which thread it was in.

I'm also not sure - it was either in Genral Relativity or Cosmology threads.

Does this ring a bell with anybody.

What I'm looking for is the web address that has this lecture.

I recall clicking on the web link and it started with what looked like a dry erase board full of notes.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 19, 2007 #2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award
    Dearly Missed

Ive several times recommended a lecture he gave November 2005 at Cambridge, which is online

it does look like a "white board" with handrawn diagrams with colored marker

if you click and wait a few seconds he will begin talking and the slides will change in synch with his talk
    (this is a good format)

they are actually Penrose transparencies, I saw him give the same talk in Berkeley in 2006 with the same transparencies (even though they look like drawn on a whiteboard.

maybe this is what you were remembering, Sparky. I learned of the Cambridge online version from Alejandro Rivero.
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  4. Aug 21, 2007 #3
    Marcus - This is the one I was looking for!

Thanks so much

Also thank you - Turbo -1 , George Jones!

You have given me more to look at and study. - good stuff.

Thanks again
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?