1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Penryn SpecInt Benchmark

1. Jun 2, 2008 #1

mheslep

Gold Member

I am trying to run down a claim on Intel's upcoming CPU family release - Penryn. The claim: a dual core version at one of the available clock rates in that line will do a SpecInt2000 of 4000. Intel's tech documents just list a % improvement on prior models, AFAICT. I'm looking for an actual benchmark, and I read they are plenty of beta/ developer chips already out there. Has anyone seen something, or perhaps care to point to a reliable site to check?

Thanks for any help.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 5, 2008 #2
    Are you talking about an overclocked PC? .. check Extremeoverclocking.com or extremesystems.com.

I'm a member @ Extremeoverclocking.

4. Jun 5, 2008 #3

mheslep

Gold Member

No.

I have found results publish on the SPEC site for the Intel T9500, a Penryn running 2.6GHz here:
    http://www.spec.org/cgi-bin/osgresults
    search for T9500. The Lenova T61 and Dell Precision M6300 report SpecInt 2006 Base 18.1 to 18.6. Is not clear to me how to convert this to a rough SpecInt2000. Searching for a few processors that have published results for both 2000 and 2006 tests suggest a multiplier of ~145 but I can't otherwise check that.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?