Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

People who are Studying Astrophysics - Are there many Women?

1. Jan 14, 2016 #1
    Curious to know.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 14, 2016 #2

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

4. Jan 15, 2016 #3

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

MANY, MANY!
    Those you find teaching in colleges and universities have knowledge and technical skills other than just Astrophysics. You will find these women also teach other parts of Physics and they are just as knowledgeable as any PhD person teaching whatever they teach - outside of JUST Astrophysics.

5. Jan 16, 2016 #4
    The question should be "Are there many women?" not "Is" there many Women?
    English Grammar....usually comes before Astrophysics :)

6. Jan 17, 2016 #5
    Always has to be that one smart a** to correct a minimal grammatical error. I was in a rush to get this up and wasn't thinking about having a PERFECTLY presented title.

BTW I have a Bachelor's degree in Creative Writing so i'm not as daft as you think i am :)

7. Jan 17, 2016 #6
    Great Degree! I know I was being a smart A.. :) Just having a little fun, meant no harm. Trin

8. Jan 17, 2016 #7
    I apologize for the rude reply. My sense of humour is off today lol

9. Jan 17, 2016 #8
    Berigs
    Totally okay...I have those days too! Thanks for forgiving me, I was probably not very kind. Trin

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook